Head of IT
Raffcomm Sdn Bhd
- Main responsibility was directing and organizing all IT related projects and initiatives.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction for all facets of Information Technology, including day-to-day IT Operations as well as hands on Infrastructure design, implementation, outsourcing practices and ongoing maintenance.
- Transitioning an AdHoc delivery organization into a new process and procedure driven proper IT team with Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), WebTrust, and PCI-DSS compliance.
- Built a solid IT team through recruitment of senior IT personnel and mentorship.
- Interacting with cross functional business team to understand/fulfill their business requirements. Ensuring that IT supports their operations.
- Established technical integrations with more than 19 financial related institutions including major banks, credit rating agencies, telcos, and government online services.
- Planned and managed physical-to-virtual server migration; retired over 60+ servers, leading team to achieve 99% systems virtualization, and implementation of new Disaster Recovery strategy, using latest best in breed world-class technologies from VMWare, Dell, HP, and Amazon Web Services.
- Ensuring appropriate infrastructure is available for all applications including servers, network connectivity, hardware etc.
- Responsible for review departmental requests from business and makes appropriate recommendations, analyzing system problems and coordinating related supporting people to resolve the problems and responsible for organizing the new system testing and deployment for user departments.