Zety offers free and reliable career resources that have provided value to millions of jobseekers around the world.
Since 2016, we’ve been dedicated to delivering high-quality, engaging content you can trust. Our career blog features a plethora of in-depth articles offering expert advice based on experience, research, and HR expertise. Each day, we analyse hiring trends & research, browse through employment reports, and monitor labour market forecasts to ensure you get the insight needed to write a professional CV and create an excellent cover letter to get your dream job.
Zety’s editorial team consists of Certified Professional Résumé Writers, career experts, editors, and leads. We are a member of the U.S. National Career Development Association and frequently team up with other HR and Legal professionals. All to make sure that everything you read on Zety’s career blog is always reliable, precise, and current. Our stories have been picked up by educational institutions and renowned media outlets from all over the world.
Our writers come from various professional backgrounds, including business, education, HR, marketing, and legal. Before becoming a part of Zety, we’ve all experienced the hustle and bustle of job searching and looking for reliable advice for CV and cover letter writing. Through these first-hand experiences, we’ve gained a deep understanding of our readers’ expectations and needs for achieving their career goals. We’re committed to providing advice you can trust—all to help you consciously and effectively shape your career!
Our Editorial Principles
The following values guide our entire content creation process, from idea to publication:
- Empathy: We don’t write for ourselves—we write for you. Our goal is to help every individual land a great job. It wouldn’t be possible without empathy and understanding of the challenges our readers face at every step of their job hunt. Plus, just like you, we know how frustrating clickbait is—that’s why we avoid sensationalism in our writing at all costs. Instead, we offer high-quality, engaging articles that go straight to the point —without the fluff. We aim for a relaxed and friendly tone—sprinkling in puns and jokes whenever possible—to create a chill atmosphere that will put you at ease and help decrease the stress caused by job searching. We've all been there and done that.
- Accuracy: We always choose facts over opinions. Each piece of content published on Zety has been carefully fact-checked to ensure it includes information based on data and statistics coming only from the most reputable sources. Knowledge is power, and we want you to have it!
- Authority: Zety consults internal and external HR experts to stay on top of the hiring trends. Plus, to back up our advice, our writers rely on data only from established sources, such as independent research organisations, universities and government bodies like the National Careers Service, Department for Work & Pensions, World Economic Forum, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, and Harvard Business Review.
Our Editorial Quality Lifecycle
At Zety, we’re dedicated to creating content that is always trustworthy, accurate, and up-to-date. Each piece published on our website has been crafted according to a stringent content creation and revision process:
Zety’s content team closely follows the latest HR trends, industry changes, and job hunt queries to find new topics to help readers like you. Once a topic is assigned to a writer, they dive deeper to find labour market data and conduct research on the subject. We rely on authoritative sources, including government departments, academic research, and industry reports to ensure that each content piece we write for you is credible and comprehensive.
Zety’s writers are wordsmiths. While creativity flows, our internal guidelines ascertain that each content piece is informative and captivating. We want to provide you with precise, helpful, and inclusive information—but we also strive to make it pleasant and fun to read. We always prioritise real talk over elaborate language.
3. Quality Check
Each article is reviewed by one of our experienced editors to guarantee that it features actionable advice that can help you get the job you want. We focus not only on language quality but also on fact-checking the information featured in each guide—all to ensure that you can trust us.
The content team collaborates with other experts who manage publishing activities. They’re responsible for ensuring the best user experience for the readers of Zety’s career blog. After a new article is published, we also perform a second round of quality checking to see it from the reader’s perspective.
Our content team routinely reviews published articles in order to maintain their relevance and accuracy. After updating, each article is date-stamped, so the readers can be sure that the information in the guide is current and trustworthy.
Sign of Excellence
Zety’s career advice and expert insights have been recognised by over 200 universities, organisations, and prime media outlets from around the world. Examples include Maryville University, Santa Clara University, Allegany College of Maryland, University of Rochester, Forbes, The Financial Times, HuffPost UK, Career Builder, and Life Hacker.
At Zety, we also carry out original research on hiring practices and current economic trends. We create surveys that gather data from various social groups and analyse this information to gain deeper insight into shared job-searching experiences, employment conditions, and other aspects of work life.
Below, you can see selected publications featuring Zety’s original research:
- Three things recruiters wish you knew
- 7 Ways to Enjoy Retirement With Less Worry Over Money
- 5 Ugly Truths About Being a Gig Worker
- I Saved Enough Money To Retire By Age 37. Here’s What Was Surprising
- You Might Be Surprised By How Many People Would Choose Their Career Over A Relationship
- Turns out the Great Resignation may be followed by the Great Regret
- Is There A Doctor In Your Sales House?
- Gender Stereotypes Still Matter At Work But New Data Shows Progress
Your opinion matters to us. That’s why you can rate our guides and interact with us in the comments section under each article. Don’t hesitate to leave your feedback, share your experiences, and ask any questions—so that we can support you in a more collaborative manner. If commenting publicly is not for you, you can always share your thoughts and questions with us at email@example.com.