Don’t leave your CV design to chance. Rest easy, and be confident you’ve included every element you need with these 18 creative and effective CV templates.
Writing a cover letter for a finance job is a must.
Whether you’re applying for an accounting position or you want to be a bank teller—
Your financial cover letter will help you outshine other candidates.
A good cover letter promotes your proudest career moments and proves that you really care.
Plus, it can be a nice change of pace in the world of numbers and statistics.
If you need a finance cover letter, we’ve got you covered.
This guide will show you a job-winning finance cover letter sample. Get the best tips on how to write a great cover letter for a finance position and follow our step-by-step instructions.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your CV. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Finance Cover Letter for a CV—See more cover letter examples and create your cover letter here.
Here are some cover letter guides for other careers:
- Teaching Assistant (TA) Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Speculative Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Sales Assistant Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Retail Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Receptionist Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Internship Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Graphic Designer Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Graduate Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Engineering Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Customer Service Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Consulting Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Career Change Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
- Architecture Cover Letter Example & Writing Guide
Finance Cover Letter Sample
83 Newton Road
0777 777 7777
27th November 2020
Mr Lawrence Connors
Head of HR
Sound as a Pound Inc.
310 Park Road
I’m reaching out to you about your recent opening for a financial advisor position at Sound as a Pound. As a finance professional with 7+ years of experience and a customer of the New York branch of your bank, I’d be happy to provide you with my financial and consulting expertise. In my recent position at Stratus Co. I managed the company’s internal systems and prepared financial plans for 250+ clients, maintaining a 99% client satisfaction score.
I know that the key project for this role will be to coach new financial advisors. My direct supervisor at Stratus Co. commended my advisory skills and assigned me to train three other employees. I helped them increase client returns by up to 10% each. Two of the employees I supported soon become top performers. I was also responsible for running financial investment seminars for prospects, which helped to grow the company’s client base by 20%.
Obtaining a role of a financial advisor at Sound as a Pound would be an exciting challenge for me. I’m eager to address your clients' financial needs and help you increase the client base in a newly-opened venue. I believe I can contribute substantial numbers, just as I did at ZBanking where I exceeded sales targets by 15% in 6 months.
Can we schedule a call next week to talk about how I could transfer my finance and upselling skills to your company?
PS—I would also welcome the chance to explain how I developed a financial program for a newly-opened small business that soon became a prospective one.
That’s how to write a winning cover letter for a finance job! Read on and follow our step-by-step instructions to create your own one.
Finance Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a finance cover letter for a job application:
1. Use the right finance cover letter format
- Set page margins to one inch on all sides.
- Use single or 1.15 line spacing.
- Choose a legible font and set it to 11pt to 12pt.
Read more: Proper Cover Letter Format
2. Write a professional cover letter header
- Place your name and contact information in the top-left corner of the page.
- List your phone number, email, and LinkedIn profile.
- Put the city and date below.
- Follow up with the addressee’s details.
Can’t find the name of the hiring manager? Do the research. Check the company’s website and their LinkedIn profile, or call the branch and ask.
Read more: How to Address a Cover Letter for a Job
3. Begin with a personal greeting and catchy opening paragraph
- Start with ‘Dear’ and the potential employer’s name.
- State the position you’re applying for.
- Hook the recruiter with your most relevant job accomplishment.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter
4. Prove that you’re the perfect fit for the position
- Tailor your cover letter to the job offer.
- Highlight a few more professional achievements that address the employer’s needs.
- Use quantifiable achievements where possible. Numbers never lie.
Read more: How Long Should a Cover Letter Be
5. Tell the potential employer why you want this job
- Say what you like about them.
- Make them know you want this job.
- Prove that you’re willing to stick around with them for longer.
Read more: 14+ Cover Letter Tips
6. Make an offer and include a call to action
- Suggest a call or a meeting at a specific time.
- Make an offer and show that you can help the company with what they need.
Read more: The Best Cover Letter Ending Examples
7. End with a professional sign-off
- Close with ‘Yours sincerely’ or ‘Yours faithfully’ and sign off with your first and last name.
- Optionally include a digital copy of your signature.
- List your email and your phone number.
Read more: What is a Cover Letter: Definition
When making a CV in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your CV here.
When you’re done, Zety’s CV builder will score your CV and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Thank you for reading! What did you think of our finance cover letter examples? What is your strategy for writing the best financial cover letter? Drop me a line in the comments!