Internships matter as companies want to employ those who already have work experience. Find one with a great cover letter for an internship. Here’s how.
Writing a cover letter for a finance job is a must.
Whether you’re applying for an accounting position or you want to be a bank teller—
Your financial cover letter will help you outshine other candidates.
A good cover letter promotes your proudest career moments and proves that you really care.
Plus, it can be a nice change of pace in the world of numbers and statistics.
If you need a finance cover letter, we’ve got you covered.
This guide will show you a job-winning finance cover letter sample. Get the best tips on how to write a great cover letter for a finance position and follow our step-by-step instructions.
Let’s break it down!
Finance Cover Letter Sample—Administrative Assistant
4944 Godfrey Road
New York, NY 10033
New York, 1/30/2019
Mr. Laura Jones
Head of Human Resources
3010 Park Drive
New York City, NY 10923
I’m reaching out to you about your recent opening for a financial advisor position at Cash Bank International. As a finance professional with 6+ years of experience and a customer of the New York branch of your bank, I’d be happy to provide you with my financial and consulting expertise. In my recent position at Cloud Co. I managed the company’s internal systems and prepared financial plans for 150+ clients, maintaining a 98% client satisfaction score.
I know that the key project for this role will be to coach new financial advisors. My direct supervisor at Cloud Co. commended my advisory skills and assigned me to train three other employees. I helped them increase client returns by up to 10% each. Two of the employees I supported soon become top performers. I was also responsible for running financial investment seminars for prospects, which helped to grow the company’s client base by 20%.
Obtaining a role of a financial advisor at Cash Bank International would be an exciting challenge for me. I’m eager to address your clients' financial needs and help you increase the client base in a newly-opened venue. I believe I can contribute substantial numbers, just I as I did at XBanking where I exceeded sales targets by 10% in 3 months.
Can we schedule a call next week to talk about how I could transfer my finance and upselling skills to your company?
PS—I would also welcome the chance to explain how I developed a financial program for a newly-opened small business that soon became a prospective one.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Finance Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
That’s how to write a winning cover letter for a finance job! Read on and follow our step-by-step instructions to create your own one.
But remember—without a pitch-perfect resume for finance jobs, you won’t go far on your job-search journey.
See our dedicated resume guides for finance positions:
Also, check out these related cover letter guides:
Finance Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a finance cover letter for a job application:
1. Use the right finance cover letter format
- Set page margins to one inch on all sides.
- Use single or 1.15 line spacing.
- Choose a legible font and set it to 11pt to 12pt.
Read more: Proper Cover Letter Format
2. Write a professional cover letter header
- Place your name and contact information in the top-left corner of the page.
- List your phone number, email, and LinkedIn profile.
- Put the city and date below.
- Follow up with the addressee’s details.
Can’t find the name of the hiring manager? Do the research. Check the company’s website and their LinkedIn profile, or call the branch and ask.
Read more: How to Address a Cover Letter to HR
3. Begin with a personal greeting and catchy opening paragraph
- Start with “Dear” and the potential employer’s name.
- State the position you’re applying for.
- Hook the recruiter with your most relevant job accomplishment.
Read more: How to Open a Cover Letter
4. Prove that you’re the perfect fit for the position
- Tailor your cover letter to the job offer.
- Highlight a few more professional achievements that address the employer’s needs.
- Use quantifiable achievements where possible. Numbers never lie.
Plus, keep your finance cover letter short and sweet: How Long Should a Cover Letter Be 2019
5. Tell the potential employer why you want this job
- Say what you like about them.
- Make them know you want this job.
- Prove that you’re willing to stick around with them for longer.
6. Make an offer and include a call to action
- Suggest a call or a meeting at a specific time.
- Make an offer and show that you can help the company with what they need.
Read more: The Best Cover Letter Ending Examples
7. End with a professional sign-off
- Close with “Sincerely” and sign off with your first and last name.
- Optionally include a digital copy of your signature.
- List your email and your phone number.
Check back on your cover letter for finance jobs and follow up on your job application. Here’s how: Follow-Up Email After Job Application
As you can see, a job-winning cover letter can boost your chances for landing this dream job in finance. But remember—you won’t get credit without a perfect resume for a finance position.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Thank you for reading! What did you think of our finance cover letter examples? What is your strategy for writing the best financial cover letter? Drop me a line in the comments!