Find our what you need to put on your resume and what recruiters are looking for. Use these tips and examples to make a perfect resume.
As seen in:
You need a good bank teller cover letter.
This one’s working with a full drawer.
But it’s tough.
You can’t just say, “I’d like the job. Please read my resume.”
You need to stand out to that branch manager.
Show passion and your shiniest moments on the job.
If you do that right, they’ll write “interview” on your teller cover letter in Sharpie.
This guide will show you a bank teller cover letter sample, plus tips for how to write your own great cover letter for bank teller jobs.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Bank Teller Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
Every great cover letter for bank teller jobs needs a matching resume. See our bank teller resume writing guide here: Bank Teller Resume: Sample & Writing Guide.
Also, check out these related cover letter guides:
- Accounting Cover Letter Sample
- Accounts Payable Cover Letter Sample
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Customer Service Cover Letter Sample
- Retail Cover Letter Sample
- Finance Cover Letter Sample
- Financial Analyst Cover Letter Sample
- Business Cover Letter Sample
- Business Analyst Cover Letter Sample
- Sales Cover Letter Sample
- Investment Banking Cover Letter Sample
- Consulting Cover Letter Sample
- McKinsey Cover Letter Sample
- Formal Cover Letter Sample
Want to explore your options further? See our full selection of cover letter examples for every career: Best Cover Letter Examples.
Sample Cover Letter for Bank Teller
3414 Marshville Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
3730 Scott Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Dear Ms Shipleigh,
I’m writing to you about your open bank teller position. I’d be thrilled to work as a teller at Chase Bank. I’ve been a customer at your Poughkeepsie branch for 10 years and your service and personal treatment are exceptional. My three years in customer service at ABC company have given me the bank teller skills you mention in your job ad—upselling, cash register operation, and record-keeping. In fact I regularly beat weekly upselling targets by 22% at ABC.
My manager frequently commended my upselling skills. She also assigned me to coach three other employees in cash register operation. That’s because I beat the team average for cash register accuracy by 35% in every quarter. I also handled all record keeping with zero errors, thanks to my natural vigilance and attention to detail.
I know Chase Bank is working to maintain its reputation as a customer service leader in the banking world. That makes this teller position the perfect fit for me. Using my existing customer service skills and money-handling skill set in the banking world will create a satisfying job where I can use my talents to the fullest.
Can we set aside some time to talk about how my upselling, cash register skills, and record-keeping can contribute to customer service excellence at Chase?
Alice Weatherholt, Bank Teller
That’s a well-reconciled cover letter for bank teller jobs. Next, here’s how to write your own.
Bank Teller Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a cover letter for bank teller jobs that cashes in:
1. Use the right bank teller cover letter format
- 1” margins
- 1 or 1.15 line-spacing
- 11pt or 12pt font
- Arial or Cambria font
Read more: The Only Proper Cover Letter Format
2. Start with a professional cover letter header
In your bank teller cover letter header, put your:
- Name at the top left
- Phone & email
- LinkedIn or other relevant social media
- Sending date
- Employer’s address
Don’t know the employer’s name? Go hunting on LinkedIn or the bank’s staff page, or call the branch and ask.
Read more: How to Address a Cover Letter
3. Start with a hook
- Use “Dear,” and the branch manager’s name.
- Make clear which opening you’re targeting.
- Spotlight your excitement for this exact job.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter the Right Way
5. Show you’re the candidate
- Learn what they’re after by closely reading the job announcement.
- Dig into company goals by reading their website.
- Prove you fit those by listing your biggest achievements that match.
- Include measurements like “22%” to show your skills are Fort Knox-sized.
What’s a good bank teller cover letter length? The Perfect Cover Letter Length in 2019
6. If you have no experience, tout non-bank jobs
- Show bank skills like register operation or customer service.
- Prove you have those skills with customer service or retail achievements.
7. Make an offer
In the ending of your cover letter for bank teller jobs:
- Offer to meet or call the hiring team.
- Keep their interest by promising to share more about how you’ll help.
Read more: The Best Cover Letter Ending Examples
8. End with a professional signature
- Close with, “Sincerely,” and your first and last name + title.
- Add a digital version of your signature.
- List your email and your phone.
Writing a bank teller cover letter with no experience? Entry-Level Cover Letter with No Experience
Check back on your cover letter for bank teller jobs after you send it. Job Application Follow-Up: Examples, Dos, & Don’ts
A good teller cover letter can give you credit. But you need a solid resume to land the position. See this guide: Bank Teller Resume Sample & Guide
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Thanks for reading! Now it’s your turn. What’s your worst fear about writing a cover letter for bank teller jobs? Tell us the biggest challenge with making your bank teller cover letter. We’re glad to help!