If Zety isn’t printing your resume right, check the document settings in the resume builder:
- Resume paper: 32 lbs paper is considered best for resumes.
- Page size: The page size set in the builder has to match the size of the paper you use for printing. The typical US paper size is letter size, while in Europe, it’s A4. You can easily change it in the resume builder in the final view.
- Resume margins: 1-inch wide margins are set as default. Check the printer settings if they’re wider or too narrow.
- Resume font size: The minimum font size is 10 points. If you use a smaller one, the printed document might be barely readable.
- Resume length: Aim at a one-page resume. If you need to go beyond that, make a two-page resume, but never a 1.5-page resume.
- Resume design: If you selected a colorful template, but your printer can only do black-and-white, try changing the resume style in the Zety builder to a different one.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume examples here.
Zety’s resume builder can generate a job-winning job application in a matter of minutes. It features the best resume templates, tips on what to put on your resume, and a resume score with targeted hints to improve your resume.
About Zety’s Editorial Process
This article has been reviewed by our editorial team to make sure it follows Zety's editorial guidelines. We’re committed to sharing our expertise and giving you trustworthy career advice tailored to your needs. High-quality content is what brings over 40 million readers to our site every year. But we don't stop there. Our team conducts original research to understand the job market better, and we pride ourselves on being quoted by top universities and prime media outlets from around the world.