This guide has 61 stay-at-home-mom jobs and tips to get them fast.
You live at a lucky time.
It’s hard to make ends meet. You’d like to make a bonfire with your bills, and “Mom!” is burned into your ear-holes.
More people work from home than ever. (A full third of the US workforce.)
Companies are getting comfy with jobs for stay-at-home-moms and other at-home jobs.
The best part?
Google’s work-at-home job search recently evolved to Einstein status.
This guide will show you:
- How to make money as a stay-at-home mom (really).
- Where and how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs that pay.
- The best job site for work-at-home jobs for moms and how to use it like a pro.
- Tips for getting the best jobs for moms most people wouldn’t think of.
Just want to know how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs?
Google “remote” + [JOB TITLE] + “jobs”. Click “search.” Then click the blue jobs bar.
You’ll find dozens of the best jobs for moms (and jobs for pregnant women).
The pay info for our jobs for stay-at-home-moms list comes from Glassdoor. If you’re good you’ll earn more.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you'll get tips and right vs. wrong examples while writing your resume. See +20 resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample Resume Templates - See more templates and create your resume here.
Looking for temp jobs while pregnant? Follow up with 107 Part Time Jobs Near Me & How to Get Them (+Online & Weekend)
How to Find Legit Stay at Home Mom Jobs
Why is it so hard to find real stay-at-home-mom jobs?
It’s called “overwhelmed.”
The kids are swinging from the light fixtures. Someone just discovered Sharpies, and the cat’s on fire.
Not to mention there’s this little thing called “income.”
You need to know how to make money as a stay at home mom.
The short answer?
How Can a Stay at Home Mom Make Money?
Step 1. Assess your skills. Many careers like waitress or receptionist aren’t jobs for stay-at-home-moms. If you’re lucky, you’ll have skills that work in jobs that do.
Step 2. Look at our list of stay-at-home-mom jobs ideas below. It’s got skilled and unskilled SAHM jobs. Make a short list of the ones that fit.
Step 3. Pick your favorite(s). Narrow down your short list to the work-at-home jobs for moms you want. Consider pay and training times.
Step 4. Plug your stay at home moms job ideas into Google. Google for Jobs is the best search site to find jobs for stay-at-home-moms. It’s got the best AI. Plus it scrapes jobs from all the other sites, and from company web pages.
I’ll show how below the list of work at home jobs.
Step 5. Don’t ignore local mom ‘n’ pops! Some of the best stay-at-home jobs for moms are right under your nose. Scroll to the bottom for tips to find them.
Be picky. There are tons of great home-based and online jobs for moms out there. There’s piles of bad ones too. Apply to lots. Work at several for a day each. Pick one.
Pro Tip: Just want the best jobs for moms with minimal training? Word-search on this page for minimal. You’ll find dozens of the best jobs for stay at home moms with no experience.
Want to try other job sites in your stay-at-home-mom jobs search? See our guide: Job Sites: 15 Best Job Search Engines and How to Use Them Perfectly
61 Stay at Home Mom Jobs Ideas
Here’s the big list of jobs for stay-at-home moms.
It’s got 61 stay-at-home-mom jobs, plus median salary and training times.
They’re all pregnant-friendly jobs.
The best tip?
Write up your job skills. Then look through the list to find a fit.
Are you wondering how to make money while pregnant and unemployed? Or how can a stay-at-home mom make money?
Scroll down below the list for tips.
Day Care Stay at Home Mom Jobs
One of the most popular and best jobs for moms with young kids? In-home day care.
If you love coming up with activities and more kids means more fun, this isn’t a bad option.
- In-Home Day Care. In rural areas, these jobs for stay-at-home-moms pay $20+ per kid per day. It’s more in cities.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $27,430
- Babysitter. Not into full-fledged day care? Give a shout on Facebook for these part-time jobs for moms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $18,000
Typing Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
If you can type, you can probably do lots more. But—
Typing jobs for stay-at-home-moms are easy if you’ve got the skills.
- Typist. You’ll need at least 40 WPM for these jobs for stay-at-home moms. Test your speed free at KeyHero.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $27,430
- Data Entry. These stay-at-home-mom jobs need good 10-Key and Qwerty skills—Training: Minimal. Pay: $31,153
- Legal Transcriptionist. Type dispositions and legal terms for these SAHM jobs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $28,570
- Law Enforcement Transcriptionist. Learn police codes and terms on the fly for these legit work-from-home jobs for moms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $28,570
- Medical Transcriptionist. You can find good mom jobs typing doctorspeak if you can learn the terms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $28,570
Phone SAHM Jobs
Nobody really likes phone jobs, do they?
But these work-at-home jobs for moms are easy to get and do.
- Phone Survey Conductor. Call people at home and ask questions.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $27,099
- Telemarketer. You’ll need a phone and grit. And you’ve got both .—Training: Minimal. Pay: $25,969
- Call Center Representative. You know those radio ads with the 800-numbers? These part-time jobs for moms answer them.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $32,214
- Customer Service. More fun than call-center work. Requires product knowledge—Training: Minimal. Pay: $34,780
- Dispatcher. Taxis, trucks, and cop cars need to know where to go. That means more stay-at-home-mom jobs for you.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $37,112
Teaching Work-at-Home Mom Jobs
If you’re a good teacher, you can find well-paying teaching and tutoring jobs online.
These make some of the best SAHM jobs because you can fit them to your schedule.
- Online Tutor. If you’re good at any subject, these make solid home jobs for moms. If you’re good you’ll make more than the median.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $25,500
- Test Scorer. You won’t find these flexible jobs for moms in search sites. Contact schools and teachers directly instead.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $24,380
- ESL Teacher. There are lots of good online jobs for stay-at-home moms teaching English.—Training: Bachelor’s Degree, Teaching Certificate. Pay: $54,337
Pro Tip: Wondering how to find these jobs for stay-at-home-moms in search engines? Scroll past the list to see the most effective way.
Writing Jobs Online for Moms
Do you have grammar and writing skills? These writer/editor/blogger stay-at-home jobs for moms might be your next chapter.
- Proofreader. Checking spelling and grammar. Plus, you’ll make your kids spelling bee champs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $36,290
- Copy Editor. Check grammar, spelling, facts, and research with these online jobs for moms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $45,506
- Content Creator. Jobs for moms who can blog and write.—Training: On-the-job. Pay: $54,455
- Editor. Google’s got tons of remote jobs for moms who can manage writers.—Training: On-the-job, can take years. Pay: $61,655
- Journalist. This one takes a long time to develop and you won’t find it in the job sites. Join a pro association like the ASJA.—Training: On-the-job, can take years. Pay: $45,925
Computer Science Stay at Home Mom Jobs
If you’ve got a head for code, these are the best paid jobs for stay-at-home-moms on the planet.
- Help Desk Worker/Desktop Support. Help non-techies jump through hoops.—Training: Certificate, 1 Month. Pay: $43,835
- Computer Scientist. As a CS, you can do any of the stay-at-home-mom jobs below.—Training: Bachelor’s Degree. Pay: $109,075
- Computer Programmer. Can you write code, or learn to? These are great stay-at-home jobs online.—Training: 6 months to 2 years online training. Pay: $64,719
- Software Engineer. Also “software developer”. This is more than programming because you design the apps.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $104,463
- Web Developer. Jobs for stay-at-home-moms who build website back-ends pay massive money.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $88,488
- Web Designer. Create the shape of sites and apps for these work-at-home jobs for moms.—Training: Train online (shortest route about 3 months) or Bachelor’s Degree. Pay: $56,143
- UX Designer & UI Developer. Make websites play nice with users.—Training: Learn online. Shortest route about 3 months. Pay: $97,460
- SQL Developer. Write code to store and retrieve data for websites. Lots of nesting, so, great jobs for pregnant women. ;)—Training: Online, about 2 months. Pay: $81,714
- DevOps Engineer. Someone needs to drive the great web development wagon train westward. That could be you.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $138,378
Artistic Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
Are you an artistic momma? Try these creative stay-at-home-mom jobs.
- Graphic Designer. If you’re good with graphics, you’ll find lots of work-from-home jobs for moms here.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $48,256
- Video Editor. Cook raw footage into gorgeous product with Adobe Premiere.—Training: On the job or a few weeks online. Pay: $46,274
- Musician. If you’ve got skills, you can find these jobs for stay-at-home moms in Google.—Training: Must have skill. Pay: $40,000
- Computer Animator. These work-from-home jobs for moms come from networking, not job search websites.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $61,000
Marketing Jobs for Moms
Dig for legit work-from-home jobs for moms in the marketing world on Google for Jobs.
Many marketing teams rely on remote talent like you. (Mine does!)
- Social Media Specialist/Manager. If you can handle Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook, you can be a work-at-home mom.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $54,500
- SEO Specialist. This is all about keywords and search intent. Training: Online, self-taught. Pay: $66,848
- Marketing Specialist. These at-home jobs for moms turn heads to bring in bucks.—Training: On-the-job or college degree. Pay: $42,153
- Marketing Manager. If you can lead a marketing team, you can find hundreds of work-from-home moms jobs online.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $93,125
Pro Tip: Need experience for these SAHM jobs? Pick up the principles on YouTube, in blogs, and in Lynda classes. Your first month is free.
Research Online Jobs for Moms
Are you a top-notch internet detective who can pull it all together?
These online jobs for stay-at-home moms pay pretty well and don’t require a ton of training.
- Researcher. Dig in, pull facts, and help your boss see forest through the decision trees.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $61,085
- Research Assistant. Just starting out? Try jobs for stay-at-home-moms helping the main researcher.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $30,647
Accounting/Finance Stay at Home Mom Jobs
Have you got a CPA license or are you good with numbers? Try these stay-at-home-mom jobs.
- Accountant. These SAHM jobs need a CPA license. If you don’t have one already, move along.—Training: Bachelor’s degree and monster test. Pay: $55,202
- Bookkeeper. No license. Keep track of the money. These work-at-home jobs for moms are everywhere.—Training: On the job or online in four months. Pay: $34,677
Analyst Work at Home Jobs for Moms
If you’re really good at massaging data, these jobs for stay-at-home-moms may fit.
- Business Analyst. For these stay-at-home-mom jobs, speak truth to power with hard data skills.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $70,170
- Data Analyst. Use big data tools like Hadoop or Cloudera to see what’s really going on amid a world of figures.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $65,470
- Financial Analyst. If you don’t already have a CFA certification, this one’s off-limits.—Training: Bachelor’s degree and certification. Pay: $63,829
- Actuary. Insurance companies hire stay-at-home moms who make numbers sit up and beg.—Training: Get certified by CAS or SOA. Pay: $107,598
- Biostatistician. Health care needs statisticians too. Lots of SAHM jobs here.—Training: Generally bachelor’s degree. Some do it with less. Pay: $92,426
Engineering Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
If you’re not already an engineer, you won’t find many work-at-home jobs for moms in this part.
Already got a degree? Try these legit work-from-home jobs for moms.
- Assistant Engineer. Do you understand the way things work? You can get SAHM jobs here with an associate’s degree.—Pay: $68,000
- Engineer. Search a specific engineer job + “remote” in Google to find tons of these jobs for stay-at-home-moms.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $77,182
- Mechanical Engineer. Got your mechanical engineering degree but want to be a work-at-home mom? Google “remote mechanical engineer jobs” and click the big blue bar.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $73,016
- Civil Engineer. Yes, there’s tons of remote CE positions that work as stay-at-home-mom jobs.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $68,638
- Electrical Engineer. If you’ve got the training, you can find at-home-jobs for moms here too.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $83,088
Pro Tip: How long can you work while pregnant? Some go right up to the day (my wife did). Check with your OB. Then check the best jobs for pregnant women in this article.
Healthcare Stay at Home Mom Jobs
You need a license for these legit stay-at-home-mom jobs.
- Telework Nurse/Doctor. If you’re licensed, you can do these as a work-at-home mom.—Training: Nursing or med school. Pay: $76,710–$300,000
- Massage Therapist. Welcome clients to your home and work your magic. Also try reiki practitioner and aromatherapist.—Training: State license. Pay: $45,408
- Mental Health Counselor. Online therapy’s a thing, and works as SAHM jobs.—Training: Varies by state from Certification to Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $45,449
- Addiction Counselor. Plenty of work-from-home jobs for moms online in this field.—Training: Varies by state from Certification to Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $37,762
- Marriage Counselor. Rural couples love not driving. That creates online jobs for moms.—Training: Varies by state from Certification to Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $53,000
Other Legitimate Work at Home Jobs for Moms
Need a few more SAHM jobs with minimal training?
- Virtual Assistant. Basically an online secretary. Good unskilled stay-at-home-mom jobs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $22,000
- Recruiter. Many are underhanded, but you don’t have to be.—Training: Minimal to bachelor’s degree. Pay: $49,712
- Translator. If you’re fluent, Google, “remote translator jobs” to find lots of legit SAHM jobs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $44,190
- Amazon Top Work From Home Jobs. Amazon has stacks of jobs for stay-at-home-moms. Training: Variable. Pay: Variable
- Network Marketer. Multi-level marketing (MLM) has detractors and proponents. Research heavily before you jump.—Training: Minimal. Pay: Variable
Is That Really All the Stay at Home Mom Jobs?
You can find far more than 61 work-at-home jobs for moms.
Almost any job will work from home.
Google “remote” + [YOUR CAREER] + jobs. Click “Search.” Then click the big blue bar.
Pro Tip: The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) ensures 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave to most long-term employees.
Is your work experience as tiny as your baby’s? You can still get good stay-at-home-mom jobs with the right resume. See our guide: First Resume with No Work Experience Samples
How to Find Online Jobs for Moms
You’ve seen the 61 jobs for stay-at-home moms in our list. Your troubles are over. Right?
Well—not so fast. Those are stay-at-home-mom jobs ideas.
To find legit work-at-home jobs for moms you can apply to:
Don’t use job sites like Indeed, Glassdoor, or LinkedIn.
They’re great for different reasons. (Legit listings, salary data, networking.)
But they’re not the best sites to find SAHM jobs.
Do use Google.
“Remote” + [JOB TITLE] + “jobs”.
Click “search.” You’ll see a big blue bar that says “Jobs: Work from home.”
Click it. You’ll get hundreds of real jobs for stay-at-home-moms you can apply to.
Why is Google best?
They’ve got the best programmers and the best AI. They scrape listings from all over the web. They even pull jobs from company websites.
Pro Tip: Set up alerts in Google to find new stay-at-home-mom jobs while you sleep. Just flip the little switch in your browser’s lower left.
We’ve got great resume examples for most of the stay-at-home-mom jobs ideas in this guide: Resume Examples for Every Profession
Don’t Ignore the Mom ‘n’ Pops!
You’re missing out.
You’ve seen our 61 great stay-at-home-mom jobs and how to find them.
The best SAHM jobs might not be online.
Talk to your network. Chat with friends on social media. Talk to local business owners.
Ask around. You never know who might need help.
Pro Tip: Use networking to help find jobs for stay-at-home-moms. One woman I interviewed (with no degree) got a $100,000 job via networking job search.
Want your resume for stay-at-home-mom jobs to fit like a custom onesie? See our guide: 6 Tips on How to Tailor Your Resume to a Job Description
How to Work from Home With a Baby
Yes, but how???
You know how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs.
But how to work from home with baby? How to make money while pregnant?
Pick part-time, flexible jobs for stay-at-home-moms.
Choose stay-at-home mom jobs with part-time hours to save your sanity.
Ask your spouse for help.
You can’t work even online jobs for moms without a break from baby. Carving out some work time with your spouse is key.
Reach out to family and friends.
Your spouse may help, but not enough to cover all your hours. For even part-time work-at-home jobs for moms, ask family.
Trade child care with other stay-at-home moms.
Is your child too young for daycare, or is the cost too high? You can still work stay-at-home-mom jobs if you get help. See if other local SAHMs might do a babysitting swap.
Cherish family time.
Don’t let even the best jobs for moms pry you from these precious years. Make sure you set aside sacred family time, and guard it with your life.
Pro Tip: Get creative. One SAHM we talked to went garage-saling with her kids in tow. Then during nap times and at night, she listed the stuff on eBay. Not big money, but she did it during mommy hours and it was fun to get out and about.
Want your resume for stay-at-home-mom jobs to stand out like a sleeping newborn? See our guide: How to Make a Resume for a Job: Writing Guide
Here’s a recap of how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs:
- Use Google for Jobs to find the best jobs for stay-at-home moms. Search “remote” + [JOB TITLE] + “jobs”. Then click “Search,” then click the blue bar.
- Get inspiration from the list of work-at-home jobs for moms in this article.
- Don’t ignore mom ‘n’ pops. Local businesses are often starved for help. Some of the best jobs for moms come from lending your skills to locals.
- Reach out for help, not only to find stay-at-home-mom jobs, but to get time to work them. You can’t do any job if you can’t get a break from baby.
Do you have questions on how to find the best jobs for pregnant women and moms? Got tips for other work-from-home moms? Give us a shout in the comments! We’d be happy to reply.