What Should I Do if I Have No Experience?
If you’re writing a resume with no work experience, do the following:
- Create a great resume objective explaining your motivations (#1 tip for any entry-level resume).
- Consider a non-traditional resume format that focuses on transferable skills.
- Add bullets in your education section containing your prominent academic achievements.
- Feature anything that can be counted as relevant experience: apprenticeships, volunteer work, school projects, intern experience, etc.
- Mention hobbies and interests or any other independent activities in the additional information on your resume, but only if it matches the job description.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume examples here.
Just starting out on your career path? Zety is the place to find all the answers you need. Learn how to write a great student resume that will push you beyond the competition, check your online presence before you apply, and get ready to get your first job in no time!