"Say not what the company can do for you, say what you can do for the company." It's simple as that. We'll show you exactly how to say it.
As seen in:
Here’s the thing:
There’s a ton of competition for cosmetology jobs today.
Everyone writes the same kind of esthetic cover letter (or doesn’t write one at all).
This guide will show you a sample cover letter for an esthetician that’s as hot as a stone massage. Plus, you’ll get an abundance of useful tips and tricks for creating a cover letter for an esthetician step by step.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Esthetician Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
Considering similar positions too? See other cover letter examples for jobs in your industry:
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter
- Medical Receptionist Cover Letter
- Physical Therapy Cover Letter
- Physician Assistant Cover Letter
- Phlebotomist Cover Letter
- Massage Therapist Cover Letter
- Cosmetologist Cover Letter
- Dietitian Cover Letter
Want to explore your options further? See our full selection of cover letter examples for every career: Best Cover Letter Examples for All Professions
Esthetician Cover Letter Sample
14 North Hall Ave.
Nottingham, MD 21236
Ms. Kathleen Martin
Head of Human Resources
Wide Esthetics, Inc.
619 Rockville Street
Battle Ground, WA 98604
As a lifelong enthusiast of providing the highest quality skincare services, I was thrilled to come across an opening for an Esthetician position at Wide Esthetics. In my current role as an Esthetician with NorthPole Esthetics, I fostered an exceptional customer experience, which resulted in a 40% increase in returning customers. I'm sure my expertise with performing treatments from eyebrow waxing to detox facials will help with Wide Esthetics's upcoming challenges.
I know that the critical part of this role is providing impeccable guest service. While working at NorthPole Esthetics, I designed a staff communication system that ensured proper implementation of comprehensive patient care and treatment plans. I've also carried out consultations and resolved our customers' concerns promptly and efficiently, which increased sales by 10% over 6 months.
Another reason why I'm excited about joining your esthetician team is the fact that you offer continuing education webinars. As someone who thrives on professional development, I'd welcome the opportunity to develop my skill sets further and boost Wide Esthetics's customer experience.
P.S. — Can we set up a time to talk about growing Wide Esthetics's sales by 10% in the upcoming 6 months?
That’s how you make an esthetician cover letter that knocks stilettos off.
No matter how silky smooth your cover letter is, you still need a top-notch resume to land that esthetician job.
See our esthetician resume writing guide here: Esthetician Resume: Samples and Writing Guide
Esthetician Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a cover letter esthetician for a job application:
1. Use the correct esthetician cover letter format
- Keep one-inch margins on all sides.
- Stick to single or 1.15 line spacing.
- Choose a classic font. Make it 11pt or 12pt.
Read more: The Only Proper Cover Letter Format
2. Pen a professional esthetics cover letter header
- In the top-left corner, put your name and contact details.
- List your number, email, and LinkedIn account. If applicable, add other social media handles.
- Write down your city and put the date below it.
- Place the addressee's details.
Having a hard time finding the hiring manager’s name and/or contact info? Check the company’s site or their social media. If there’s nothing, call their receptionist.
Read more: How to Address a Cover Letter
3. Use a gripping esthetician cover letter opening
- Greet the hiring manager with “Dear” followed by their name.
- Mention the position you want to apply for.
- Drop one of your achievements from previous roles that’s relevant to the job.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter the Right Way
4. Prove your expertise
- Scan the job ad and figure out what the hiring manager is after.
- Cite several wins that prove you can meet the employer’s needs.
- Make achievements look impressive by using percentages and numbers.
Also, make sure your cover letter for an esthetician isn’t too long: The Perfect Cover Letter Length.
5. Explain why you want in
- Mention something about the company.
- Convince them you want this particular job.
- Do the two, and you'll prove you want to stay for the long haul.
6. Make an offer and include a call to action
- Propose a call or a meeting with a suggested time.
- Stress your value proposition to the company.
Read more: The Best Cover Letter Ending Examples
7. Close your esthetician resume cover letter with a professional sign-off
- Sign off with your full name.
- Place your digital, hand-written signature.
- Mention your basic contact details in the footer.
Send a follow-up email if you don’t get a callback. Here’s how: Job Application Follow-Up: Examples, Dos, & Don’ts
That’s how you write a rejuvenated cover letter for an esthetician job.
Remember: to blow the competition out of the water, you need a solid esthetician resume.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building a professional resume template here for free.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Thanks for reading! Now I'd love to hear from you. What do you make of our esthetician cover letter examples? What are your tips on writing a cover letter for an esthetician position? Drop me a line in the comments.