Do I need a cover letter? Is it important? What if the job offer doesn’t require a cover letter? Read this guide to find out all you need to know.
As seen in:
You’re about to see a perfect bartender cover letter sample.
In 5 minutes, you’ll learn how to write your own bartending cover letter that pops corks.
Why is it important?
There’s a line of hundreds of fellow bartenders fighting for your job. How to beat them?
Stack the deck in your favor by including a cover letter to your bartender resume.
This guide will show you a sample cover letter for bartending. Plus you’ll get the best tips on how to write a bartending cover letter, step-by-step.
Let’s get cracking.
Cover Letter Sample—Bartender
7304 South Campfire Lane
Greensburg, PA 15601
New York, 5/31/2019
Mr. Daniel Ragland
Head of Human Resources
The Phoenix Inn, Inc.
2249 Franklin Street
New York City, NY 10923
As a lifelong enthusiast of creating drinks, I was thrilled to see The Phoenix Inn’s opening for the position of a bartender. I am positive I can help with The Phoenix Inn’s upcoming challenges.
I have a proven multi-tasking ability serving 1,000 customers weekly. In my current position at the Everson Royce Bar, I prepare beverages as requested by customers according to standard operating procedures. I also compute bills and accept payment while tracking sales receipts.
During my tenure at the Everson Royce Bar, I:
- Created a signature drink called Fresh Dragon Fruit Mojitos.
- Become known as a “mixology artist” having exhaustive knowledge of both modern and classic beverage recipes.
I know that The Phoenix Inn's current plans involve serving bar menu items to guests in a prompt fashion while maximizing revenues and profitability. This opportunity is a perfect match for my personal and professional interests given my prior bartending experience.
I would love to leverage my mixology and people skills and surpass your expectations.
I would also welcome the chance to discuss supporting The Phoenix Inn’s goals and show you how my success at the Everson Royce Bar can translate into tangible impact for The Phoenix Inn.
Can we schedule a call next week so I can help you max out profits from selling drinks?
P.S.—I would value the opportunity to show you how I can handle over $2,000 credit card sales per night and manage up to 25 tables per shift.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Bartender Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
So—you just saw how to write a mouth-watering cover letter for a bartender. Read on to learn how to write yours.
No matter how delicious your cover letter is, you still need a top-shelf resume to land a bartending job.
See our bartender resume writing guide here: Bartender Resume: Samples and Writing Guide
Alternatively, check out our dedicated guides for other jobs that might require bartending skills:
- Server Resume: Samples and Complete Writing Guide
- Server Cover Letter: Samples and Complete Writing Guide
- Restaurant Cover Letter: Samples and Complete Writing Guide
- Chef Cover Letter: Samples and Complete Writing Guide
- Hospitality Cover Letter: Samples and Complete Writing Guide
- Hostess Resume: Samples and Complete Writing Guide
- Bar Manager Resume: Samples and Complete Writing Guide
- Waitress Resume: Samples and Complete Writing Guide
- Waiter Resume: Samples and Complete Writing Guide
- Examples of Resumes That Get Jobs
Bartender Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a bartender cover letter for a job application:
1. Use the right cover letter format
- Margins: one-inch margins on all sides.
- Line spacing: single or 1.15.
- Font: classic, 11pt or 12pt.
Read more: The Only Proper Cover Letter Format
2. Design a professional cover letter header
- Drop your name and contact info in the top-left corner.
- List your phone number, email, LinkedIn (you can also list your Twitter profile if you like).
- Write down your city and date right below it.
- Add the hiring manager’s info.
Don't know the hiring manager's name? Snoop around the bar's webisite. If that fails, drop by the place itself and ask for the contact.
Read more: How to Address a Cover Letter
3. Open with a personal greeting and a glittering first paragraph
- Start with “Dear” + the hiring manager’s first name.
- Mention the position you want to apply for.
- Spil a major achievement the job wants the most.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter the Right Way
4. Show you can do the job like Dale DeGroff
- Scan the bartending job description in the ad and write about how your prior experience can help solve their problems.
- Drop several major wins you’re proud of.
- Use numbers to make your achievements pop.
Writing a bartender cover letter with no experience to board about? Focus on passion: show off the effort you’ve put into becoming a bartender—
Mention a gig or two, explain what courses you’ve taken, and how you’ve learned the trade.
Also, make sure you’re not making your cover letter too long: The Perfect Cover Letter Length in 2019
5. Explain why you want the job
- Say why you’re the perfect match.
- Spotlight why this job is a great fit for you with prior bartending experience.
- If you do the two, it'll show you want to stay for the long haul.
6. Make an offer and include a call to action
- Ask for a call or a meeting + suggested time.
- Restate what you can bring to the bar counter.
Read more: The Best Cover Letter Ending Examples
7. Close with a professional sign-off
- End with your full name.
- Drop a digital copy of your handwritten signature below that.
- Provide your basic contact details.
Once you’ve sent your application, don’t forget to send a follow-up email if there’s no reply. Here’s how: Job Application Follow-Up: Examples, Dos, & Don’ts
You just saw how to write an effervescent bartender cover letter that works magic.
If you want to land a bartending job, you need a matching resume.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Thanks for reading! Now I’d love to hear from you. How do you like our bartender cover letter examples? What are your tips on writing a job-winning bartender cover letter? Drop a line in the comments. Let’s chat!