The layout of your resume matters just as much as its contents. In this guide, you’ll find 20+ best resume layout examples and tons of expert tips!
You’re about to write a flight attendant cover letter.
Whether you’re a veteran of the skies or learning how to become a flight attendant, the cover letter is crucial.
But you can’t just send in any old cover letter—
You need a flight attendant cover letter as calm, soothing, and reassuring as your cabin personality.
You’ve come to the right place.
This guide will show you a sample flight attendant cover letter for airline jobs, plus the best tips on how to write a flight attendant cover letter with no experience or otherwise.
Here’s our take on the perfect flight attendant cover letter:
Flight Attendant Cover Letter Sample
Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant
350 5th Ave
New York, NY 10118
June 15, 2019
27-01 Queens Plaza North
Long Island City, NY 11101
As a current flight attendant with Delta Air Lines, I was excited to find jetBlue’s call for experienced flight attendants. Not only is jetBlue my hometown airline, being from NYC myself, but I’ve always respected the airline’s policies and service.
During my Delta flight attendant career, I’ve developed and nurtured many skills and abilities, from starting with short-haul domestic flights to my current preference of long-haul international flights. I’m also quite proud of several accomplishments I’ve had over at Delta, including:
- Obtained highest regional passenger satisfaction scores (98.37%) in Northeast United States.
- Identified and helped to implement an alternate boarding system which led to a 17% reduction of tarmac delay.
I’m always trying to improve myself as a flight attendant, and I hope my successes prove that. Whether I’m calming down an anxious traveler during turbulence or simply saying goodbye at the end of a flight, I take pride in the work I do. And, I would bring that same enthusiasm, dedication, and commitment to my work as a jetBlue flight attendant.
If given the chance, I’d love to chat with you by call, email, or face-to-face, about how my particular brand of flight attendant is in line with jetBlue’s goals and company culture.
P.S.—If you’d like, we could sit down for a coffee together, and I can go over how I helped improve the passenger satisfaction scores on the JFK-LAX route (98.37%).
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Flight Attendant Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
So, you’ve just seen our vision of the ideal cover letter for flight attendant jobs.
Read on for a quick outline on how to write your own.
The best flight attendant cover letter example is worthless without a great flight attendant resume to accompany it. Make sure yours meets the highest standards: Flight Attendant Resume Samples and Writing Guide
Flight Attendant Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a flight attendant cover letter for a job application:
1. Use the Proper Format on a Flight Attendant Cover Letter
- Use a 1” margin on all sides of your cover letter flight attendant template.
- Don’t double space. Use single or 1.15 line spacing (standard business letter format).
- Use an elegant font in 11–12pt font size.
- Left-align everything, from your address at the top to the signature below. Don’t justify.
Continue reading: How to Choose the Right Cover Letter Format
2. Create a Professional Flight Attendant Cover Letter Header
- Include your name and address first, in the top left corner of the cover letter for flight attendant jobs.
- Add the date of writing below that, and use the full month name instead of numbers.
- Finally, place the recipient’s details, including the hiring manager’s name, professional title, and company address.
Continue reading: How to Address a Cover Letter
3. Start With a Greeting and a Compelling First Paragraph
- Find the hiring manager’s name, if possible, from the airline’s website or LinkedIn.
- Open by addressing them specifically to grab their attention from the start.
- State the reason for this application letter (you’re applying for such-and-such position at such-and-such airline).
Can’t locate the name of the airline HR manager still? Use a neutral opening, such as “Dear Hiring Manager.”
Continue reading: How to Begin a Cover Letter Correctly (Examples)
4. Show You’re the Perfect Candidate for Flight Attendant Jobs
- Use the flight attendant job description to locate the traits they’re looking for.
- Mention how you meet those flight attendant job qualifications.
- Give them quantifiable achievements to prove you’re the flight attendant they need.
Ensure you’re not making your flight attendant cover letter too long: What's the Perfect Cover Letter Length in 2019?
5. Explain Why You Want to Work for This Particular Airline
- Never write a generic cover letter!
- Make them feel that you want to work at this airline and only this airline.
- Show enthusiasm for this airline, and throw in a compliment or three.
Writing a first-time flight attendant cover letter with no experience? We’ve got a great read for you: Entry-Level Cover Letter with No Experience
6. Make Them an Offer They Can’t Refuse
- Wrap it up with a short closing statement.
- Request an interview to further discuss your readiness for the position.
- Remind them of the value you possess as a flight attendant job candidate.
Continue reading: How to End a Cover Letter (Examples)
7. End the Flight Attendant Cover Letter With a Professional Sign-Off
- Choose a standard closing (valediction), such as “sincerely.”
- Type your full name below that, and sign it if it’s a hard copy.
- Consider adding a postscript beneath your signature to get one more chance at grabbing the attention of the airline recruiter.
Once you’ve sent out your flight attendant resume and cover letter, prepare for the American Airlines or Delta flight attendant interview.
Remember also to follow up on your flight attendant job application. Here’s how: How to Follow Up on a Job Application
Now that’s a first class flight attendant cover letter!
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Have any questions on writing a cover letter for Etihad or United flight attendant jobs? Need help writing something compelling and sincere? Let’s chat below in the comments, and thanks for reading!