Modern resume design for the modern day resume. See creative samples and follow our guide to make the best modern resume that will land you the job.
Your recruiter cover letter has a double job to do. You have to show you understand the hiring process. And—prove you know what a great cover letter looks like. Blow it, and other recruiters will know you aren’t one of them. Don’t panic. It’s not hard if you customize your cover letter for recruiting jobs.
This guide will show you a recruitment cover letter sample and the best tips on how to write a cover letter for recruiter positions step-by-step
Sample Cover Letter for Recruiting Job
725 5th Ave
New York, NY 10022
Staff Development Director
1148 Kembery Ave
New York, NY 10058
Dear Mr. Moulet,
As a recruiter and manager with 9 years of experience, I’m delighted to apply for the recruiter position at Arbuckle-Jones Staffing. Supervising and mentoring 10 recruiters at Pit Bull Staffing stretched and built my skill set. Successfully recruiting over 1,200 new corporate employees in 3 years set me up to help achieve your goal to place 400 employees per year.
Per your job ad, you need a recruiter who can screen 2,000+ applicants per year, work with executive-level leadership, and create strategic recruiting processes like I’ve done in the past.
- Screen applicants. Screened 8,000+ applicants in 3 years by training direct reports in targeted assessments and behavioral interviews.
- Executive collaboration. Worked with c-suite leadership, including the VP of HR and the payroll manager to implement new software solutions.
- Recruiting processes. Developed recruiting processes resulting in a 70% reduction in time to fill—the best in Pennsylvania.
I’m happy to jump on a call or meet in person to talk about how my background in sales and my communication skills can help you maintain Arbuckle-Jones’ reputation as the premiere corporate recruiting firm in New York.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Recruiter Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
That’s a crowd-beating recruiting cover letter sample.
Once they’ve read your cover letter for recruiting jobs, they’ll want your resume. See our guide: Recruiter Resume Sample
Not looking for a recruiter job? See these guides:
- HR Generalist Cover Letter Example
- Human Resources Cover Letter Example
- Consulting Cover Letter Example
- Manager Cover Letter Example
- Best Cover Letter Samples for All Careers
Recruiter Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a cover letter for a recruiter job application:
1. Use crisp recruiter cover letter formatting and layout
- Cover letter outline: three paragraphs.
- Cover letter layout: margins—1 inch on each edge, cover letter line spacing—1.15.
- Cover letter font: make a respected choice (Goudy Old Style, Tahoma, Cambria).
Read more: Cover Letter Format
2. Create a winning recruiter cover letter header
- Start your cover letter with your name. Add other info like your job title, email, phone, and LinkedIn (87% of recruiters use LinkedIn to screen applicants.)
- Use the same cover letter heading and resume heading.
- Add a line space, the date, another space, and then the manager’s details.
3. Make a personal greeting and use a solid hook
- Choose “Dear [Manager Name],” as your cover letter salutation.
- Say which position you’re writing about.
- Share a ground-shaking recruiter accomplishment.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter
4. Use paragraph #2 to prove what you can do
- Talk about the job’s requirements to show you’re not a spammer.
- Add recruiting accomplishments that prove you can do the work.
- For extra clarity, use a bullet-point structure.
Your cover letter needs a professional look. See our guide: What Should a Cover Letter Look Like?
5. Share what draws you to the job
- Where possible, mention facts that attract you to this recruiter job.
- Investigate the company’s mission statement and job ad for clues.
- You can also Google-search news items and press releases about the firm.
- Fit your interest to key skills they need.
- Do this right, and they’ll know you’re not a flight risk.
Did you know there are over half a million recruiter jobs in the U.S.? That’s per the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. But some pay $35K and others pay $76K. So—write a top-notch recruiter cover letter especially for entry-level jobs.
6. End your recruiter cover letter with an offer
- Sweeten the deal with a few more skills they’d like.
- Mention that you’d like to help with a specific goal.
- Politely ask for the interview.
- Mention salary requirements only if they ask.
Read more: The Best Cover Letter Closings
7. Add a respectful sign-off to the end
- Close your recruiter cover letter with your name, email, and phone.
- For added professionalism, add a digital signature.
- List necessary cover letter enclosures.
Don’t forget the follow-up. Email or call a few times in the next few weeks to get more interviews. Learn more: Job Application Follow-Up Email Templates
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Questions? Concerns? We’re here for you. If you’re still unsure how to write a career-changing cover letter for recruiter jobs, drop me a line in the comments.