Learn how to use your LinkedIn profile to get job offers from the best companies. Boost your career with these easy LinkedIn profile tips and tricks. Read more!
As seen in:
Dental Assistant Cover Letter Sample
23 Mandan Road
Saint Louis, MO, 63101
Saint Louis, 3/30/2019
Dr. Sara Freeman
Head of Human Resources
Eu Dental Clinic
3015 Park Street
Saint Louis, MO, 66100
Dear Dr. Sara,
As a compassionate dental assistant certified by the Commission on Dental Accreditation, I was happy to see your opening for a dental assistant position at Eu Dental Clinic. In a career of over 5 years, I’ve assisted both solo and group dental practices, ensuring the highest efficiency of supporting procedures. At Prodent Clinic, where I currently work, I received three commendations for flawless setup for treatments and effective 4-handed dentistry.
I know that one of your clinic’s highest values is excellent patient care. In my current position, I received 97% positive patient feedback and obtained three thank you letters. I believe my previous experience in both private and public dentistry sectors taught me how to be flexible, informative, and comforting to patients of all ages.
What I also find exciting about your job post is the possibility to assist the doctors with orthodontic procedures. I’m skilled at taking and developing dental radiographs and impressions for study casts and open to the versatility of tasks.
Can we schedule a call or a meeting next week to discuss how I could contribute with my technical abilities and communication skills to your dental care team?
PS—I'm also eager to tell you about how I trained two other dental assistants and a group of dental students as they learned to perform dental procedures.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Dental Assistant Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
The above sample illustrates a job-winning dental assistant cover letter. In a minute, you’ll know how to write your own one like a pro. Follow our step-by-step guide.
But remember, even the best dental assistant cover letter won’t win you a dream job if you don’t have your resume in place. See our dedicated guide: Dental Assistant Resume: Sample & Complete Guide
If you want to see other guides related to the dentistry, check out:
- Dental Hygiene Resume: Sample & Complete Writing Guide
- Dental Hygiene / Hygienist Cover Letter: Sample & Complete Writing Guide
Dental Assistant Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a dental assistant cover letter for a job application:
1. Use the correct dental assistant cover letter format
- Set margins to one inch on all sides of the page.
- Go for single or 1.15 line spacing.
- Use a legible font and make it 11pt to 12pt.
Read more: How to Format a Cover Letter
2. Add relevant information in a dental assistant cover letter header
- Add your name and contact information in the top-left corner of the page.
- Include your phone number, email address, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.
- Place the date and city right below.
- Then, list the addressee’s details.
If you don’t know the hiring manager’s name and you can’t find it online, call the company’s reception and ask.
Read more: How to Address a Cover Letter to HR
3. Create a compelling opening paragraph
- Address the hiring manager with “Dear” and their name.
- Mention the position you’re applying for.
- Describe one of your proudest accomplishments to grab the recruiter’s attention.
Read more: How to Open a Cover Letter
4. Prove you’re the perfect fit for the position
- Tailor your dental assistant cover letter to the job ad and address the company’s needs.
- State some more achievements that can resonate with them.
- Use numbers and percentages to prove your previous wins.
5. Explain why you want to join them
- Say what you like about the place you’re applying for.
- Ensure them you’re aware of your choice.
- Make them know you want to work specifically for them and you’re ready to stick around.
A cover letter is supposed to tell the recruiter something more about your professional self. But don’t make it stretch like a dental floss. See: The Perfect Cover Letter Length in 2019
6. Offer your expertise and include a call to action
- Propose a meeting or a call at a specific time.
- Make an offer—say how exactly you can contribute.
Read more: The Best Cover Letter Ending Examples
7. Use a strong dental assistant cover letter closing
- Sing off with your full name.
- Add a digital copy of your signature below.
- Repeat your basic contact details in the footer below.
After you’ve sent your dental assistant cover letter to the employer, wait for a bit, and then follow up on your job application. Here’s how: Follow-Up Email After Job Application.
Writing a professional cover letter for a dental assistant may bring you closer to the job interview. But remember—without a great dental assistant resume, you won’t go far. Check out our dedicated guide on how to write one in no time: Dental Assistant Resume: Sample & Complete Guide
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Thank you for reading! What do you think about our dental assistant cover letter example? Do you have any other thoughts on writing dentistry cover letters? Let us know in the comments.