Here's how to answer the "What Is Your Greatest Weakness?" question at your next interview. Our proven method works in almost EVERY case. See examples for specific professions.
Almost 50% of hiring managers expect a cover letter with a resume. So—
You'd better write one!
And an elementary teacher cover letter is the best way to prove to the school principal you're the perfect fit for the position.
You came to the right place to learn how to write a job-winning one. With our expert tips writing an elementary school cover letter is as easy as ABC.
This guide will show you an elementary teacher cover letter example plus a set of useful hints for creating your own cover letter step by step.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Elementary Teacher Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
Even if you’ve just composed a top-notch cover letter, you won’t go far without a perfect elementary teacher resume. Check our dedicated guide: Elementary Teacher Resume: Sample & Writing Guide [+Expert Tips]
Want to see more of our guides devoted to teaching positions? Look at the following:
- Education Cover Letter Sample
- Teacher Cover Letter Sample
- Substitute Teacher Cover Letter Sample
- School Counselor Cover Letter Sample
- Teaching Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Librarian Cover Letter Sample
- Library Assistant Cover Letter
- Paraprofessional Cover Letter Sample
- Coaching Cover Letter Sample
- Academic Cover Letter Sample
- Tutor Cover Letter Sample
Want to explore your options further? See our full selection of cover letter examples for every career: Example Cover Letters for Teaching Jobs.
Let’s dive in!
Elementary Teacher Cover Letter Sample
1951 Mount Olive Road
Alpharetta, GA, 30201
Principal John Kovalsky
Greenhill Elementary School
3016 Elk Creek Road
Alpharetta, GA, 30201
As a passionate early education teacher with 5+ years of experience teaching 1st to 6th graders, I was thrilled to see your opening for an elementary teacher position. I’m a great fan of the modern teaching techniques you implement at Greenhill Elementary School and I’m sure my expertise in context-based teaching may contribute to your institution. In my previous position, I designed a course of weekly extra lessons that took place in museums and other cultural and scientific institutions. During the classes kids had an opportunity to talk to artists, journalists and science people.
At ABC Elementary School, where I previously worked, I created state-level authorial lesson plans that combined various curriculum elements and incorporated a number of technological novelties. I know that what you value the most is versatility, modern approach and teaching based on real-life examples. I followed all these ideas when preparing students for class tests—which resulted in 30% test scores improvement in the course of 6 months.
What I also love about teaching children is that you can support their natural development on a daily basis. I’ll be happy to use my knowledge about positive reinforcement techniques to create an encouraging learning environment and help kids reach learning goals at their own pace.
Can we schedule a call or a meeting next week to discuss how I could bring my teaching experience and skills to one of your classrooms?
PS—I'd also love to tell you about after-school creative workshops I run for children between 6 and 10 years old.
So that’s how a great elementary school teacher cover letter should look like. Now let's discover the writing process section by section.
Elementary Teacher Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write an elementary teacher cover letter for a job application:
1. Use good cover letter format
- Leave one-inch margins on all sides.
- Use single or 1.15 line spacing.
- Choose one of the classic fonts and make them 11pt to 12pt.
Read more: How to Format a Cover Letter
2. Create a professional cover letter header
- Include your name and address information in the top-left corner of the page.
- Then list your phone number, email, and LinkedIn profile.
- Put the city and date right below.
- Follow up with the addressee’s details.
Don’t know the name of the school principal? Check the school’s website and do some research on LinkedIn. You can also call the school receptionist.
Read more: How to Address a Cover Letter
3. Use a great cover letter opening
- Greet the recipient with “Dear” followed by their name.
- Say which position you’re interested in.
- Begin with your most prominent teaching achievement.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter
4. Show that you’re the right candidate
- Address the needs of the school you’re applying to (you’ll find these needs in the job description).
- List some professional achievements.
- Make your wins quantifiable. Numbers speak for you.
Also, make sure you’re not making your cover letter too long: How Many Paragraphs Should a Cover Letter Be
5. Explain your motivation to work there
- Show that you know them and tell them why you like them.
- Say why you’re a perfect fit for this job.
- Convince them that you plan to stick around with them.
6. Make an offer and include a call to action
- Propose a call or a meeting and suggest time.
- Make an offer in which you address the school’s specific needs.
Read more: How to End a Cover Letter
7. Close with a professional sign-off
- Sign off your cover letter with your full name.
- Add a digital copy of your handwritten signature if you have one.
- Repeat your basic contact details in the footer.
You’ve just sent out your elementary school cover letter. There’s one more thing you can do. Follow up on your job application. Here’s how: Follow Up Email After Job Application
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Thanks for reading! What did you think of our elementary teacher cover letter example? What’s the best elementary school teacher cover letter template? Drop us a line in the comments.