Cover letter writing tips—sure to turn any boring letter into something employers want to read.
As seen in:
If you want to land a job in the education sector, you need to write an outstanding cover letter.
Because you have lots of other candidates to outscore and a resume alone won’t do.
A well-composed teaching assistant cover letter will help you achieve that.
This guide will show you a sample cover letter for assistant teacher jobs, plus tips on how to write a professional teaching assistant cover letter step-by-step.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Teaching Assistant Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
Even if you have a great cover letter in place, you still need an A+ resume to win the interview. See our teaching assistant resume writing guide here: Teaching Assistant Resume: Sample & Writing Guide.
Plus, here’s a list of other cover letter guides to help you successfully apply for various teaching jobs:
- Education Cover Letter Sample
- Teacher Cover Letter Sample
- Graduate Assistantship Cover Letter Sample
- Elementary Teacher Cover Letter Sample
- Substitute Teacher Cover Letter Sample
- School Counselor Cover Letter Sample
- Teaching Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Librarian Cover Letter Sample
- Library Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Academic Cover Letter Sample
- Nanny Cover Letter Sample
- Paraprofessional Cover Letter Sample
- Volunteer Cover Letter Sample
- Coaching Cover Letter Sample
- Art Teacher Cover Letter Sample
- Formal Cover Letter Sample
Want to explore your options further? See our full selection of cover letter examples for every career: Example Cover Letters For Job.
Let’s dive into the good stuff:
Teaching Assistant Cover Letter Sample
902 Mapleview Drive
Tampa, FL 33602
The Head Teacher
Alberts Elementary School
3344 Sevenmile Road
Orlando, FL, 32730
As a big fan of the modern teaching methods you implement at Alberts Elementary School, I was thrilled to see an opening for a Teaching Assistant at your institution. In my current position as an assistant teacher at ABC School, I supported the head teacher in incorporating an innovative assessment method based on cognitive child development. That helped us improve kids’ final test results by 20%.
I know that at your school you value individual approach towards children learning needs as well as positive encouragement and classroom safety. In my 6+ years of experience as a teaching assistant I responded to all kinds of kids’ needs and immediately reacted to any emergencies. I also cared for good classroom atmosphere and used positive reinforcement techniques to help children obtain their learning goals.
Another reason why I’m very enthusiastic about joining your teaching team is the fact that you promote artistic education. As a plastic arts aficionado, I’ll be happy to use my creative skills when planning and organizing lesson plans and additional activities.
I would welcome the chance to talk about your current teaching and mentoring plans. Can we schedule a call sometime next week to discuss this opportunity?
Sarah Lopez, Teaching Assistant
What you’ve just read is a top-notch teacher assistant cover letter example. Now, you’re going to learn how to write your own.
Teaching Assistant Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a teaching assistant cover letter:
1. Use the best teaching assistant cover letter format
- Set margins to one inch on all sides.
- Use single or 1.15 line spacing.
- Choose a classic font and make it 11pt or 12pt.
Read more: How to Format a Cover Letter
2. Create a professional cover letter header
- Put your name and relevant contact information in the top-left corner.
- Enter your name, phone number, email address, LinkedIn profile, and other social media handles if applicable.
- City and date goes next.
- Then, include the details of the hiring manager.
Don’t know who the hiring person is? Check the school’s website and search their social media profiles. If these fail, call the school receptionist.
Read more: How to Address a Cover Letter
3. Open with a personal greeting and a convincing first paragraph
- Use “Dear” plus the hiring person’s name.
- Then, state the position you’re applying for.
- Describe one of your proudest achievements that fits the school’s needs.
Read more: Great Cover Letter Openings
4. Prove you’re the perfect fit for the position
- Read though the job description and find out what their needs are.
- List your skills and accomplishments that prove you can meet these needs.
- Support your achievements with numbers and percentages.
Make your cover letter short and sweet: How Long Should a Cover Letter Be in 2019
5. Explain why you want this job
- Say what you like most about them.
- Convince them that you’re the one to address their problems.
- This way you prove you’ll be there for better or for worse.
6. Make an offer with a call to action
- Propose a meeting or call and suggest time.
- Remind them your assets—make an offer to help them with what they need.
Read more: The Best Cover Letter Ending Examples
7. Put a professional sign-off at the end
- End with your full name.
- Add a digital copy of your handwritten signature.
- Include your contact details in the footer.
After you’ve sent your cover letter, don’t be afraid to follow up. Here’s how: Job Application Follow-Up: Examples, Dos, & Don’ts
Your teaching assistant cover letter matters a lot. But to land this dream job you still need one more thing: a perfect resume.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Thank you for reading! Got any thoughts on our assistant teacher cover letter examples? What’s your advice on how to write a job-winning cover letter for a teaching assistant? Let us know in the comments.