Modern resume design for the modern day resume. See creative samples and follow our guide to make the best modern resume that will land you the job.
Your scribe cover letter has to turn heads in the competitive healthcare field. Transcriptionist and scribe jobs fall by 200 every year. To show you’re the right typist, target your cover letter for scribe positions. It sounds hard, but with a few key pointers, you’ll be hitting the keyboard soon.
This guide will show you a scribe cover letter sample and the best tips on how to write a cover letter for scribe positions step-by-step
Sample Scribe Cover Letter
2404 Alpaca Way
Anaheim, CA 92801
Frangella Tate Laser Surgery
3430 Peck Road
Anaheim, CA 92801
Dear Ms. Lindapelli,
As a HIPAA-certified scribe with 4+ years of experience in fast-paced healthcare environments, I was glad to see your job posting for a scribe in the Orthopaedic Department of Brooklyn Hospital Center. I know you place a high value on efficiency and accuracy, which can present a challenge in the hospital setting. I think my history of documenting over 2,000 patient-doctor interactions with 99% accuracy in external audits puts me in good standing to serve your needs.
You need a scribe who can handle CC, PMHx, and PSurgHx records who is skilled in the Meditech EHR system and has a firm grasp of the terminology. I’ve managed thousands of those records—plus HPI records—and have used Meditech EHR daily for 3 years. I also have scored consistently at 99% in quarterly terminology examinations in the Orthopaedic specialty.
Brooklyn Hospital Center’s mission to take the frustration out of healthcare is refreshing. I’d value the chance to help you maintain and improve accuracy and speed in your department. Could we set up a call this week to discuss how I could assist with your mission to provide expert care to all?
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Sample Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
That’s a healthy scribe cover letter sample.
Your resume is vital, too. See our guide: Scribe Resume Sample
Not looking for a scribe job? See these guides:
- Medical Scribe Cover Letter Sample
- Secretary Cover Letter Sample
- Data Entry Cover Letter Sample
- Office Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Receptionist Cover Letter Sample
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- New Grad Registered Nurse (RN) Cover Letter Sample
- Judicial Clerkship Cover Letter Sample
- Editor Cover Letter Sample
- Best Cover Letter Samples for All Careers
Scribe Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a cover letter for a scribe job application:
1. Use the right scribe cover letter formatting and layout
- When outlining your cover letter, aim at three paragraphs.
- Cover letter margins: 1 inch.
- Line spacing: 1.15.
- Cover letter font: professional font (Georgia, Calibri, Cambria, Verdana).
Read more: Cover Letter Layout
2. Create a clean scribe cover letter header
- Start your cover letter with your name. Add your job title, phone, email, and LinkedIn address (87% of recruiters use LinkedIn to research applicants.)
- Add a line, the date, another line, and the manager’s contact information.
- Make your cover letter heading match your resume heading.
3. Use a personal greeting, then impress with an achievement
- Start with “Dear [Hiring Manager Name],” avoid the old-fashioned “To Whom It May Concern” cover letter salutation.
- Mention the role you’re applying for up top.
- Include an impressive scribe accomplishment in the first paragraph.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter
4. Prove you understand the role in your middle paragraph
- Refresh the manager’s memory about the job requirements.
- Show a few ways you’ve performed those scribe duties in the past.
- Add a few measures of your past transcriptionist performance.
Sometimes it’s hard to pick the right words. See our guide: What Should a Cover Letter Say?
5. Share what you’d love about the job
- Include some things that made you want this scribe job.
- Find those details in press releases and the facility’s mission statement.
- Connect your facts to the scribe abilities you’ve demonstrated.
- Doing this reassures them you’ll stay in the job if they hire you.
More than 200 scribe jobs are disappearing every year. That’s per the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. To get that coveted position, your cover letter for scribe positions has to shine.
6. End your scribe cover letter with an offer
- Restate why you’d value this job so much.
- Assure them you’ll help with a key goal.
- Ask to set up a meeting to discuss how you’ll assist them.
- Include salary requirements in your cover letter only when it’s requested.
Read more: The Best Cover Letter Closings
7. Add a professional sign-off for your scribe cover letter
- Finish your resume cover page by adding your name, phone number, and email.
- To boost your professional appearance, add a digital signature.
- Add a list of necessary cover letter enclosures.
Follow up. An extra email or call can put you top-of-mind at the right moment. Learn more: Job Application Follow-Up Email Templates
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Questions? Concerns? We’re here for you. If you’re still unsure how to write a job-worthy cover letter for scribe jobs, drop me a line in the comments.