Those 400+ minimalist resume templates above? Meh. Who’d have the time to scroll through all of them? Well. We did. So you don’t have to. Here are the best of the best.
Oh no. An EMT cover letter? Your strengths are in the ambulance—not at a desk. But if you can’t get those strengths across stat, hiring managers won’t give your resume a fighting chance. So—make them want to read your resume with a cover letter for EMT jobs that passes the mirror test.
This guide will show you an EMT cover letter sample. Plus—the best tips on how to write a cover letter for emergency medical technician jobs step-by-step.
EMT Cover Letter Sample
3913 Brownton Road
Jackson, MS 39201
4385 School House Road
Jackson, MS 39201
Dear Ms. Herbert,
As a hardworking EMT-B with 3+ years of experience, I was thrilled to see your ad for an EMT position at Jackson Allcare. My experience driving 100+ calls per month at Watertown Regional Hospital has given me the EMS skills I need to help your service exceed its standards for patient care. I think my attached resume (and the next paragraph) will hold some welcome items for you.
You’re looking for an EMT-B with excellent leadership and documentation skills who’s not afraid to do his or her share to complete everyday duties. At WRH, I led a team of 2–3 EMTs on 40% of calls and was commended three times by the medical director for my excellent documentation skills. I also received the hospital’s in-house “Pitch In” award for keeping my ambulance and bay sparkling, clean, and ready to go, with all equipment maintained, with charged batteries, and with all supplies consistently stocked.
I also performed light ambulance maintenance and have excellent judgment and written and oral communication skills. I noticed that sometimes you provide support for the BSA’s High Adventure Camp near Shenandoah Mountain. For that reason, my Wilderness EMT Certification via WMA may be of interest.
Working as an EMT-B with Jackson Allcare would allow me to expand my medical skills with a high-performing team of respected healthcare professionals. I’d value the opportunity to meet with you next week to talk about how I can help you surpass your goals for efficiency and healthcare excellence. Can we set aside some time to talk?
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
EMT Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
That’s a Swiss Safe of a cover letter sample. But—is your resume on life support? See our guide: EMT Resume Sample
Seeking non-emergency medical jobs? See these guides:
- Medical Cover Letter Example
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter Example
- New Grad Registered Nurse (RN) Cover Letter Example
- Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Example
- Physician Assistant Cover Letter Example
- Physician Cover Letter Example
- Medical Scribe Cover Letter Example
- Medical Receptionist Cover Letter Example
- Nursing Cover Letter Example
- RN Cover Letter Example
- CNA Cover Letter Example
- New Grad Nurse Cover Letter Example
- Dental Assistant Cover Letter Example
- Cover Letter Sample for Job Application: All Careers
EMT Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a cover letter for an EMT job application:
1. Select the right EMT cover letter format and layout
Here are the best tips for your cover letter design:
- Cover letter line spacing: 1.15.
- Cover letter font: professional font (Calibri, Cambria, Arial, Georgia).
- Margins: one inch all around.
- Cover letter parts: 3–4 paragraphs.
- Use a simple cover letter template: a minimalist approach will make it easy on the eye.
Read more: Cover Letter Outline
2. Make a professional EMT cover letter header
- List your contact info first.
- Start with your name and job title.
- Add your address, email, phone number, and LinkedIn.
- Add the date next, with a blank line above it and below it.
- End your cover letter header with the hiring manager’s contact information.
Read more: Best Cover Letter Address Examples
3. Write an engaging first paragraph with a personal greeting
- Don’t use “To Whom It May Concern” in your cover letter, start with “Dear [Hiring Manager Name],” instead.
- Very quickly list the job title you’re interested in.
- Provide the most impressive fact about your EMT work history.
- Mention your resume.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter
4. Show EMT accomplishments in your second paragraph
- Reiterate a few key EMS duties from their job ad.
- List a few resume achievements that prove you’re perfect.
- Add percents or other numbers to show your skills are Mayo-Clinic-level.
Do you need a cover letter? See our guide: Are Cover Letters Necessary?
5. Explain why this EMT job matters to you
- Give them a reason to believe you’ll take this EMT role seriously.
- You can mention their standards, reputation, or employee development program.
- Can’t think of anything? Find their mission & vision statement online.
6. End your EMT cover letter with an offer
- Show the hiring team you’d value the chance to speak with them.
- Offer something they want—like a discussion about how you’ll help.
- Ask for a meeting.
- Don’t add your salary requirements to your cover letter. You’ll have the opportunity to discuss it later in your interview.
Read more: Top Ways to End a Cover Letter
7. Add a professional signature to your letter
- Finish with a cover letter closing salutation like, “Best regards,”.
- Include a digital version of your signature to stand out.
- Repeat your name, job title, email address, and number.
Read more: Perfect Cover Letter Example for Any Job
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Questions? Concerns? We’re here for you. If you’re still wondering how to write a Harvard-Health-worthy cover letter for EMT jobs, drop me a line in the comments.