Our customers have been hired by:
For hiring managers in the dynamic healthcare environment, a cover letter may be a nice change of pace. They see a cover letter and realize that you really care.
It’s also a great occasion to be more personal and direct in this technical world of medical scribing. So make a difference in your job search with the perfect medical scribe cover letter.
This guide will show you a sample medical scribe cover letter and the best tips on how to write it step-by-step.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Sample cover letter for a resume—See more cover letter examples and create your cover letter here.
Even the best cover letter won’t do the job without a top-notch resume. See our medical scribe resume writing guide: Medical Scribe Resume: Samples and Writing Guide
Considering similar positions too? See other cover letter examples for jobs in your industry:
- Medical Cover Letter
- Medical Receptionist Cover Letter
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter
- Physician Assistant Cover Letter
- Nurse Practitioner Cover Letter
- Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Cover Letter
- Phlebotomist Cover Letter
- Esthetician Cover Letter
- Dentist Cover Letter
- Dental Assistant Cover Letter
- EMT Cover Letter
Want to explore your options further? See our full selection of cover letter examples for every career: Best Cover Letter Examples for All Professions
Let’s dig in!
Medical Scribe Cover Letter Sample
3593 Nuzum Court
Buffalo, New York, NY, 14216
Mr. John White
Head of Human Resources
St. James Hospital Buffalo
74 Jarvis Street
Buffalo, New York, NY, 14216
As a committed medical scribe with over 6 years of experience working in various hospital departments, I was happy to see your new opening for an Emergency Room Medical Scribe position. I know how much you value data accuracy and fast information flow, both hard to obtain in a high-stress work environment. I believe keeping 99% record accuracy (according to 2018 audit) at St. Luke’s General Hospital emergency room, where I currently work, proves that I can handle both fast pace and data correctness.
In all my previous positions I collected and recorded patient info, including CC, HPI, PMHx, and PSurgHx (for 20 to 40 patients a day). I used Meditech tools on a daily basis to perform registration, electronic records, and reimbursement reporting procedures.
St. James Hospital Buffalo makes every endeavor to recognize each patient’s individual needs. I’d be honored to assist you in this by making sure patients are always well-informed and comforted.
Could we schedule a call next week to talk about how to keep your medical records flawless and error-free?
PS—I’d be also happy to tell you more about how I helped increase the flow of ED patients thanks to my organizational and speed typing skills.
Medical Scribe Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a medical scribe cover letter for a job application:
1. Follow the best medical scribe cover letter format
- Keep margins one-inch on all sides.
- Choose single or 1.15 line spacing.
- Use classic font in 11pt to 12pt size.
Read more: How to Format a Cover Letter
2. Create a professional cover letter header
- Put your name and contact information in the top-left corner of the page.
- List phone number, email, LinkedIn profile.
- Include city and date right below.
- Then, provide the addressee’s details.
If you can't find the addressee’s credentials, check the hospital’s or clinic’s website and research their LinkedIn pages. If that fails, call the reception for details.
Read more: How to Address a Cover Letter
3. Open with a personal greeting and a catchy first paragraph
- Begin the salutation with “Dear” and the hiring manager’s name.
- Say which position you’re applying for.
- Cite one of your proudest achievements that corresponds to the hiring institution’s needs.
Read more: Good Cover Letter Openings
4. Prove that you’re the one for the position
- Read through the job description again and discover what they really want.
- Mention a few past accomplishments that address the company’s needs.
- Add a number or two to back up your wins. This makes them more prominent.
Make your medical scribe cover letter concise: How Long Should a Cover Letter Be
5. Show why you want this job
- Say what you like about their institution.
- Convince them that you’re a perfect fit for the position.
- Make it clear that you want to stick around with them for a longer time.
6. Make an offer with a call to action
- Ask for a meeting or a call and suggest time.
- Restate your assets and make an offer to help them solve one of their current problems.
Read more: How to End a Professional Letter
7. Close with a professional sign-off
- Put your full name at the end.
- Add a digital copy of your handwritten signature if you have one.
- Include your email address and phone in the footer.
Remember to follow up on your job application. Here’s how: Follow-Up Email After Job Application
So a cover letter for a medical scribe position really makes a difference on the way to get you that dream job!
But before you give it a go—write a great resume. Remember that it’s a key component of your job application.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building a professional resume template here for free.
Thanks for reading! Writing a medical scribe cover letter with no experience or maybe its your next attempt? Drop us a line in the comments. Let’s chat!
About Zety’s Editorial Process
This article has been reviewed by our editorial team to make sure it follows Zety's editorial guidelines. We’re committed to sharing our expertise and giving you trustworthy career advice tailored to your needs. High-quality content is what brings over 40 million readers to our site every year. But we don't stop there. Our team conducts original research to understand the job market better, and we pride ourselves on being quoted by top universities and prime media outlets from around the world.