Learn how to write a thank you email after a job interview. See a sample interview thank you email you can copy and use. Get actionable examples and tips!
Here’s the thing:
50% of hiring managers still require a cover letter attached to your resume.
You can’t just write any cover letter. To make the pharmacy manager call you, you need something more.
The good news is you’ve come to the right place. In 5 minutes you’ll learn how to write a pharmacy cover letter that reads 100 times better than a doctor’s prescription.
This guide will show you a sample cover letter for a pharmacy technician. Plus you’ll get the best tips on how to write a cover letter for a pharmacy technician, step-by-step.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
Considering similar positions too? See other cover letter examples for jobs in your industry:
- Medical Cover Letter
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter
- Medical Receptionist Cover Letter
- Medical Scribe Cover Letter
- Pharmacist Cover Letter
Want to explore your options further? See our full selection of cover letter examples for every career: Best Cover Letter Examples for All Professions
Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Sample
853 Middle River Ave.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Mr. David Beazley
Metropolitan Pill, Inc.
4383 Poplar Street
Chicago, IL 60607
As a passionate pharmacy technician with 6+ years of experience, I was thrilled to see Metropolitan Pill’s opening for the position of a pharmacy technician. I am positive I can help with Metropolitan Pill’s challenges related to inventory management and customer experience.
At Mint Pharmacy, where I previously worked, I reduced inventory waste by 31% and grew customer retention by 15%. I also designed and vetted 150+ patient profiles, which involved maintaining medication lists for individual patients.
This opportunity is a perfect match for my personal and professional interests given Metropolitan Pill’s relentless pursuit of providing the highest quality customer experience. I would love to leverage my interpersonal, organization, and analytical skills to make life easier for your patients.
Can we schedule a call next week so I can show you how my success at Mint Pharmacy can translate into a tangible impact for Metropolitan Pill?
P.S. — I would value the opportunity to show you how I can procure 100+ prescribed medications for more than 75 customers daily in a high-volume retail setting.
You’ve just seen a pharmacy tech cover letter that drops jaws.
Check our pharmacy technician resume writing guide here: Pharmacy Technician Resume: Samples and Writing Guide
Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a cover letter for a pharmacy technician:
1. Use the proper pharmacy technician cover letter format
- Leave 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Set line spacing either to single or 1.15.
- Choosing a classic font, 11pt or 12pt.
Read more: The Only Proper Cover Letter Format
2. Write a professional pharmacy technician cover letter header
- In the top-left corner, pen your name and contact information.
- Type your number, email, and drop a link to your LinkedIn profile (if appropriate, add your Twitter handle).
- Write your city and put a date below it.
- Add the hiring manager’s contact info.
If you don't know the addressee's details, go to the pharmacy site or check their social media. Nothing there? Call the pharmacy's receptionist.
Read more: How to Address a Cover Letter
3. Open with a personal greeting and a sparkling first paragraph
- Greet the hiring manager with “Dear” and add their first name.
- Cite the position you’re interested in.
- Prove you’re aware of the challenges facing the pharmacy.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter the Right Way
4. Show you’re the next pharmacy technician
- Check the pharmacy tech job ad and show how your previous experience can help the company meet its needs.
- Mention several achievements you take pride in.
- Quantify whenever possible to make your wins stand out.
Also, make sure you’re not making your cover letter too long: The Perfect Cover Letter Length in 2019
5. Explain why you want the job
- Say why you think you’re the perfect match for the position.
- Make them know you want this particular job more than any other.
- Do the two, and you'll prove you plan to stick around.
6. Make an offer and include a call to action
- Propose a meeting or a call and suggest a time.
- Repeat your value as a professional.
Read more: The Best Cover Letter Ending Examples
7. Close with a professional sign-off
- End with your full name.
- Place a handwritten signature below (optional).
- Add your basic contact details.
Didn’t get a reply? Send a follow-up email to resuscitate a dead application: Job Application Follow-Up: Examples, Dos, & Don’ts
You’ve just learned how to write a cover letter for a pharmacy technician that makes you look like Alexander Fleming.
You won’t get a callback without a well-written pharmacy tech resume.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Thanks for reading! Now I’d love to hear from you. What do you find our example of a cover letter for a pharmacy technician? What are your tips on writing a pharmacy technician cover letter? Let me know in the comments section below.