While writing one resume and sending it out to different employers may seem appealing, it’s not a winning strategy. You’ll lose against the Applicant Tracking Software, and your recruiter won’t even glance at your resume. So to make your resume unique, follow these tips:
- Always tailor your resume to each job you’re applying for.
- Only add the experience that is relevant to the position.
- List significant accomplishments on your resume and prove them with numbers.
- Use headings, bold type, and professional resume fonts to make each resume section stand out.
- Don’t try to make your resume memorable by making it too visually creative—the best resume templates usually have various color schemes available, which is sufficient.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume examples here.
About Zety’s Editorial Process
This article has been reviewed by our editorial team to make sure it follows Zety's editorial guidelines. We’re committed to sharing our expertise and giving you trustworthy career advice tailored to your needs. High-quality content is what brings over 40 million readers to our site every year. But we don't stop there. Our team conducts original research to understand the job market better, and we pride ourselves on being quoted by top universities and prime media outlets from around the world.