Here’s how you can make your resume look pretty in 7 easy steps:
- Arrange your resume on one page (or two pages if you have much relevant experience).
- Use legible resume fonts such as Arial, Helvetica, and Calibri.
- Set the resume margins to one inch on all sides.
- Add resume icons and symbols to indicate the start of various resume parts.
- Place a distinct resume header at the top of the document.
- Use bullet points on your resume to present information in a structured way.
- Consider using a two-column resume layout to make your resume more engaging.
You can also make a pretty resume using the best resume templates that are pre-formatted to look appealing to employers and recruiters.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume examples here.
Zety analyzes the job market trends to provide the most up-to-date information to job seekers. Our career experts offer tips about the best high-income skills worth learning, what skills employers expect from workers, and how to plan realistic career goals.
About Zety’s Editorial Process
This article has been reviewed by our editorial team to make sure it follows Zety's editorial guidelines. We’re committed to sharing our expertise and giving you trustworthy career advice tailored to your needs. High-quality content is what brings over 40 million readers to our site every year. But we don't stop there. Our team conducts original research to understand the job market better, and we pride ourselves on being quoted by top universities and prime media outlets from around the world.