You can make your own resume, but there are many rules that you must follow to pass the Applicant Tracking Software first. Unless you know them, you'll probably be trapped in a time-consuming process. Save time by creating a resume in an online resume builder. Similar to ours, such tools include pre-formatted resume templates and a resume checking tool that can ensure your resume is perfect for initial scanning and successfully tailored to the job you’re pursuing.
Here are some steps you can follow to make your own resume, along with guides that can help you with more detail:
- Pick an ATS-compliant resume template.
- Choose the right resume format.
- Set up the layout of your resume.
- Start with a resume header.
- Add your contact information.
- Describe your relevant work experience.
- Add education to the resume.
- List your key skills for the job.
- Select extra resume information to add to your application.
- Write a resume summary or career objective using information from other resume sections.
- Save your resume in a PDF or DOC format.
There’s even an easier way—our resume builder completes all the steps needed to make your own resume in only a few minutes. Just choose the resume template you want and let us do the rest.
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume examples here.