Not only do our simple resume templates please the recruiter's eye, but they are also ATS-scannable. Here's a selection of our best basic CV templates you can download now.
As seen in:
Writing a warehouse cover letter isn’t fun. I get it. But without a DHL-worthy letter, warehouse hiring managers won’t read your carefully constructed resume. But you can’t just rewrite your resume like a letter. A winning cover letter has a specific structure, with a hook, skills, achievements, and a pitch.
Don’t worry. You’re about to see a perfect sample cover letter for warehouse jobs that really works, with tips for how to make it yours.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Warehouse Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
Sample Warehouse Cover Letter
3916 Valley View Drive
Paramus, NJ 07652
1329 Coal Street
Paramus, NJ 07652
Dear Mr. Crowder,
As an efficient warehouse worker with 5+ years of experience, I was excited to see your advertisement for a warehouse specialist at Target. Target seeks to be the preferred shopping destination of all customers by delivering continuous innovation and outstanding value. To help reach that mission, you’re looking for a warehouse worker who is accurate, efficient, and has janitorial skills. That’s why I think you’ll be interested in my resume.
At Amazon, I picked and packed all orders faster than 95% of my teammates, with 100% accuracy despite my high efficiency. I met 100% of Amazon’s strict packaging specifications, and performed a full janitorial checklist of duties daily in my area, achieving a 98% average cleanliness score in regular spot inspections. At Walmart, I maintained similar averages and achievements.
I also kept accurate records and documentation that were consistently judged 99.5% error-free. My resume shows additional accomplishments in shipping and computer skills, and I’m in the top physical shape demanded in a warehouse role.
Working as a warehouse specialist at Target would be a great life change for me. Your 401k plans, vacation policy, store discounts, and other perks are well-known in the industry. Could we set aside some time to talk next week about how my dedication to speed and accuracy can help you meet your KPIs?
That cover letter sample can build your job-search inventory fast. But—is your resume backordered? See our guide: Warehouse Resume Sample
Hunting other jobs? See these guides:
- Career Change Cover Letter Sample
- Entry-Level Cover Letter Sample
- Relocation Cover Letter Sample
- Retail Cover Letter Sample
- Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample
- Sales Rep Cover Letter Sample
- Sales Cover Letter
- Apple Cover Letter Sample
- General Cover Letter Sample
- Cover Letter Sample for Job Application: All Careers
Warehouse Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a cover letter for a warehouse job application:
1. Pick the right warehouse cover letter format and layout
- Margins: an inch on every side.
- Cover letter line spacing: 1.15.
- Paragraphs: 3 to 4.
- Cover letter font: Make it easy to read with a professional font such as Cambria, Georgia, Trebuchet MS or Arial that’s set to 11–12 pts.
2. Create a professional warehouse cover letter header
- Start with your contact info.
- First list your name and job title.
- Include your street address, phone, email, and LinkedIn.
- Add a blank line, then the date, and then another blank line.
- Write the manager’s name, title, company, and address.
- Make your cover letter header identical to your resume header.
Read more: How to Address Cover Letters
3. Write an eye-catching first paragraph in your warehouse associate cover letter
- Don’t write a “To Whom It May Concern” cover letter. Kick off with “Dear [Hiring Manager Name],”. People notice their own names.
- Reference the specific job you’re applying for.
- Describe the company and job in brief, so they know you understand.
- Don’t know what to say in your cover letter? Look up their mission statement for clues.
- You can also scour the job offer for top duties and requirements.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter
4. List warehouse achievements in your second paragraph
- Prove you’ve already done their job duties.
- To do it, show some numbers-based KPIs you reached in your last warehouse job.
- These resume achievements should demonstrate skills from the job offer.
Do you even need a cover letter for warehouse jobs See our guide: Do You Need a Cover Letter?
5. Explain why this warehouse job matters to you
- In the middle part of your cover letter, show them a couple of ways this warehouse job would be good for you.
- You can Google “benefits of working at [COMPANY NAME].”
- You can reference their location, training program, or other benefits to you.
- Once they know you really want this job, they’ll know you’ll keep the job a long time.
There are over 4 million warehouse jobs in the U.S., according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Getting a job is easy. Getting one you love takes a special warehouse cover letter.
6. End your warehouse worker cover letter with an offer
- In the last paragraph, ask for the interview.
- Give them a reason to say yes.
- That often means offering to discuss a specific way you’ll help.
- Don’t include your salary requirements in your cover letter. Leave it for the interview.
Read more: Ways to End a Cover Letter
7. Add a professional sign-off at the end
- End with, “Best regards,” or other professional cover letter salutations.
- Add a digitized written signature for extra style.
- Include your name, job title, phone, and email at the end.
Follow up. A short email or phone call each week will put you back at the top of the massive inventory of warehouse job applications. Learn more: Application Follow-Up Email Templates
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Questions? Concerns? We’re here for you. If you’re still wondering how to write a Home-Depot-worthy cover letter for warehouse jobs, drop me a line in the comments.