Building Maintenance Resume Example (+ Job Description)
Are you applying for a maintenance technician job? Check this building maintenance resume example and follow the instructions to write your own.
As seen in:
After performing a HAZOP study, you’ve decided your current workplace is non-repairable. Time to change jobs. But is your current building maintenance resume operational?
Check our job-winning building maintenance resume example and follow the instructions to write a resume with zero defects.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume examples here.
Building Maintenance Resume Example
Enrique V. Matthews
Building Maintenance Technician
Building maintenance technician with an Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering. Certified in Building Systems Maintenance. Enthusiastic about improving the safety of patients and employees of St. Mary Children’s Hospital by performing routine facility inspections and fixing issues in a timely manner. Decreased the number of power outages by 84% through the implementation of backup power systems in 2019.
Building Maintenance Technician
Glass Industries Ltd., Newark, OH
September 2011–December 2021
- Installed and repaired all electrical systems in a timely manner to minimize electric power interruptions.
- Detected and reported potential safety problems to ensure safe working conditions for all employees.
- Maintained and repaired mechanical systems, including air conditioning, boilers, and lighting systems, keeping them functioning at all times.
- Kept inventory of all maintenance supplies and identified purchasing needs.
- Minimized the plant's average hours of electric power interruptions by 84% by installing and maintaining backup power systems.
St. Bernard’s Hospital, Newark, OH
June 2005–August 2011
- Conducted daily facility inspections to identify pressing issues and plan maintenance work.
- Maintained and repaired sewer and storm drainage pipes regularly to avoid clogging.
- Performed semi-skilled maintenance duties involving manual labor around the hospital facilities.
- Negotiated with third-party contractors to help save maintenance costs and ensure the timely execution of repair works.
- Spotted and repaired a defective electrical installation that posed a significant risk for employees.
Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering
Central Ohio Technical College, Newark, OH
September 2003–May 2005
- Electrical maintenance
- Building maintenance
- Semi-skilled equipment repair
- Workplace safety
- Critical thinking
- MS Office
- Building Systems Maintenance Certificate, BOMI, 2016
- Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians, NAA, 2012
- Certified Facility Manager, IFMA, 2008
How to Write a Building Maintenance Resume?
Let’s see how to make a resume for a building maintenance worker.
Before you write your building maintenance resume, make sure you’ve picked a good resume template or created a professional resume layout in Word, G-Docs, or another text editing software. You can also format your resume from scratch by picking professional resume fonts, setting the resume margins to 1 inch on all sides, and deciding if you want to write in one column or make a two-column resume instead. Also, use bullet points on your resume to organize the information.
Now, follow these steps to create a building maintenance resume:
- Add a resume header with your full name, job title, and contact information at the top of the document.
- Write an eye-catching resume headline to summarize your career.
- Follow with a professional profile for a resume, such as a resume summary or a career objective.
- Make an impressive work experience section by describing your key responsibilities and relevant achievements from previous jobs.
- Add an education section that shows your degrees or the highest level of education.
- List your key skills in a resume by mixing hard and soft skills.
- Select a few additional resume sections, such as certifications or licenses, language proficiency, associations, or personal interests.
Once your building maintenance resume is complete, compare it with our resume checklist to see if everything is alright. Then, send your resume through email to the hiring manager.
Pro Tip: A resume is not the only document you need for your job application. Write a strong cover letter that highlights your best qualities and achievements.
Best Building Maintenance Resume Skills
Here’s a list of the most popular skills to put on a building maintenance resume:
- Electrical work
- Knowledge of power tools
- Technical skills
- Problem-solving skills
Need Other Resume Examples? Check the Guides Below:
- Maintenance Resume Sample
- General Laborer Resume Sample
- Cleaner Resume Sample
- Landscaping Resume Sample
- Handyman Resume Sample
- Maintenance Technician Resume Sample
- Construction Worker Resume Sample
- Factory Worker Resume Sample
- Welder Resume Sample
- Contractor Resume Sample
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building a professional resume template here for free.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
I hope this short guide helped you to write your own building maintenance resume. Need any help? Let me know in the comments below!