Addressing salary expectations in a cover letter is tough. Get it right and maximize your earning potential with these examples and tips.
What do likes, subscribers, and followers have in common? They all signify engagement on the part of the person consuming your content.
The same thing goes for your social media cover letter. You need that engagement from the hiring manager, otherwise you’ll just end up with zero views.
It doesn’t help that making yourself visible in the recruiting process is about just as easy as going viral on the Gram. Ouch.
But don’t despair. You have the skills, experience, and achievements that’ll have recruiters DMing you for an interview. We have the know-how to turn that into an amazing cover letter that will get a CTR higher than a Gary Vee post.
This guide will show you a social media manager cover letter example, plus the best tips on how to write a social media cover letter step-by-step.
Let’s do it!
Social Media Manager Cover Letter Sample
Assistant Social Media Manager
2520 Mount Olive Road
Gainesville, GA 30501
Ms. Peter Wu
Head of Human Resources
4316 Pool Street
Atlanta, GA 34670
When I started working at EZ Entertainment, no one was expecting me to be a rising star of the social media team who increased conversion rates at an all time high and expanded the customer base by 60%. I didn’t expect it either. But fast forward 5 years and that’s exactly what I’ve done and I’m in search of new social startups that can benefit from creative growth strategies. Gabby is just the company.
I’ve grown tremendously since being hired as a marketing associate 5 years ago at EZ Entertainment. From writing copy and seeking out viral content to later managing social media strategy across multiple high level musical festival projects, there wasn’t a challenge I couldn’t handle. My team often joked that challenges could barely handle me! Here are some examples I’m most proud of:
- Implemented influencer strategy that grew follower base by 35% on three different platforms.
- Trained copywriters to get into the heads of their readers with the “I’m your buddy” strategy which grew both readership and comments by 12%.
- Streamlined and simplified posting graphics that led to a rise in posting by a whopping 37% without sacrificing quality and which cut costs by $30K.
Gabby Ltd. is an intriguing startup utilizing social media strategies used by big players, but that hasn’t lost its incumbent hunger in trying new things and pushing the envelope (I was very impressed with Gabby’s immediate launch into TikTok.)
Could we schedule a call next week to discuss how I could help your current social project outgrow expectations by 15% without additional costs?
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Social Media Manager Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
So you’ve just seen a viral example of a social media cover letter. Keep scrolling to see just how you can write one just like this.
Remember lots of good things come in pairs—your cover letter won’t make much of a scene without a killer resume to back it up, like the one here: Social Media Manager Resume
See our other marketing-based writing guides here:
- Marketing Manager Cover Letter
- Marketing Cover Letter
- Marketing Coordinator Cover Letter
- Marketing Intern Cover Letter
- Public Relations (PR) Cover Letter
- HR Generalist Cover Letter
- Journalism Cover Letter
- Photographer Cover Letter
- Editor Cover Letter
- The Best Cover Letter Examples for Your Job Application
Social Media Manager Cover Letter Template
Here are the best tips on how to write a great social media cover letter:
1. Use the proper social media manager cover letter format
Without structure, marketing strategies are just a big lump of random ideas. That same mindset goes for your cover letter structure. These tips will help you keep your social media manager cover letter smart and professional:
- Use the correct cover letter spacing: a 1” margin on all sides and single or 1.15 line spacing.
- Choose a modern and professional, 12 pt cover letter font. Overly creative fonts are too hard to read no matter who creative they make you seem.
- Double-spacing between paragraphs is a good strategy to help the hiring manager breeze through your social media cover letter.
Read more: The Best Covering Letter Layout
2. Create a professional social media manager cover letter header
- Pop your name and current contact information in the top left corner.
- Include your phone number, email, LinkedIn profile, and (optionally) other relevant social media or websites. We don’t have to tell you to check your online profile before sending off to employers. After all, social media is being used more and more as a method to engage with candidates.
- Add the city and date right below your personal information.
- Include the addressee’s details (name, title, address).
Check the company’s website, LinkedIn profile, social accounts, or just Google around if you can’t find the hiring manager’s name. You can also just call up the company and ask.
Read more: Cover Letter Header Examples
3. Open with a personal greeting and a compelling first paragraph
- Start off strong with a professional cover letter salutation by addressing the potential employer by name. Don’t use “I’m writing to apply…”. Recruiters know why you’re writing. Jump right into your strengths.
- Think long and hard before just sending out a “To Whom It May Concern” cover letter to save time.
- Clearly mention the position you’re applying for and how you found out about it.
- Highlight your most relevant achievements to grab the hiring manager’s attention and keep them reading on.
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter With a Bang
4. Show that you’re the candidate they absolutely need
- Refer back to the job ad and demonstrate how your relevant, professional experience is the solution to the problems they’re facing.
- Mention some interesting achievements that you’re proud of. Rehashing your resume is never a good idea and will tank your chances of the recruiter following you.
- Nothing draws attention like numbers so use quantifiable achievements where you can.
Read more: What Should a Cover Letter Say?
5. Explain why this is the job you want
- Give the employer a big, fat “like” by including a couple of genuine compliments towards the employer to demonstrate that they’re not just another company to you.
- Show that you have some knowledge of the company culture and/or current challenges and how you’d be able to bring value.
- Make them understand why you want this job more than any other and that you’ll want to stick around for longer.
Read more: What to Include in a Cover Letter?
6. Make an offer and include a call to action
- Ask for a call or meeting and suggest a time.
- Repeat how valuable you could be—make an offer to help them with their KPIs.
7. Close with a professional sign-off
- Sign off with your full name.
- For a bit of a personalized touch, include a digital copy of your handwritten signature (if you have one) below your sign-off.
- Make sure to add any cover letter enclosures that might be required or valuable.
- Repeat your basic contact details in your social media cover letter footer.
- Name your cover letter for social media with a professional cover letter title.
When trying to determine how long a cover letter should be, definitely keep it on the short and concise side. 1 page is more than enough.
Social media is half content and half design and the same goes for your cover letter. Give your cover letter a design that matches your shining achievements: Professional Cover Letter Design
You can’t just send out your cover letter and hope for some likes. Following up on your job application shows true interest and professionalism. Here’s how to do just that: Write a Great Follow Up Email to Your Application
A viral social media cover letter can really get hiring managers to subscribe to your candidacy. Remember to compliment your social media cover letter with a fantastic resume.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Thanks for reading! What do you think of this sample social media cover letter? Can it work as a cover letter for a social media specialist or a social media strategist? Are there any tips you think are missing? Let us know in the comments below!