Not only do our simple resume templates please the recruiter's eye, but they are also ATS-scannable. Here's a selection of our best basic CV templates you can download now.
A digital marketing cover letter is the bottom of your job-search funnel. Engage your audience fast, or they won’t even think about your resume. Do that by learning all you can about the role. Then write compelling copy that shows your benefits—not just features. End it with a motivating CTA.
Ready to make the phone ring?
This guide will show you a digital marketing cover letter sample and the best tips on how to write a cover letter for digital marketing jobs step-by-step.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Digital Marketing Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
Digital Marketing Cover Letter Sample
Digital Marketing Manager
1366 Simpson Avenue Apt. 11-22
New York, NY 10468
Director of People Operations
2018 101st Street, Suites 59–85
New York, NY 10016
Dear Mr. Dunn,
As a digital marketing manager with seven years of experience growing client brands and engagement, I was thrilled to see Electric Morpho’s ad for a digital marketing manager position on your website. Your company’s mission is to tell stories that inspire confidence and drive engagement. You’re seeking a manager who has a passion for data, who can lead a team of expert content creators and product managers to develop successful campaigns, and who can build and maintain complex project schedules and budgets. Based on these needs, I think you’ll be interested in my resume.
At CeeCee Marketing, I dug into the data, developing new consumer trend and competitive analysis reports that increased quarterly sales by 15%. I led a team of 25+ product managers and content managers, working with them and with client input to grow engagement and ultimately revenue by 60% on average. One of my clients, a well-known restaurant chain I can’t name because of an NDA, realized a $7M annual jump in revenue. I also transitioned our firm to Jira for scheduling, producing a 30% time-savings on scheduling tasks and an 18% efficiency boost across my department.
I handled project budgets of $50,000 to $3M, finding and passing on cost-savings of 10% to 15% to customers. Senior management credited these savings with making the business more competitive, leading to an average increase of 10 new clients per year. I also introduced our team of copywriters to new SEO tools that increased output by 25%.
Mr. Dunn, I would enjoy talking with you about how my skills in SEM, email marketing, and conversion rate optimization can help fulfill Electric Morpho’s vision of driving client ROI. Could we schedule a meeting next week?
Digital Marketing Manager
That’s a BBDO-level cover letter sample.
But—don’t skimp on your resume. See our guide: Digital Marketing Resume Sample
Hunting other marketing or sales jobs? See these guides:
- Graphic Design Cover Letter Sample
- Manager Cover Letter Sample
- Executive Cover Letter Sample
- Business Cover Letter Sample
- Cover Letter for Promotion Sample
- Account Manager Cover Letter Sample
- Project Manager Cover Letter Sample
- Product Manager Cover Letter Sample
- Consulting Cover Letter Sample
- Marketing Cover Letter Sample
- Marketing Intern Cover Letter Sample
- Marketing Manager Cover Letter Sample
- Marketing Coordinator Cover Letter Sample
- Public Relations Cover Letter Sample
- Social Media Manager Cover Letter Sample
- Sales Cover Letter Sample
- Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample
- Sales Representative Cover Letter Sample
- McKinsey Cover Letter Sample
- Cover Letter Samples for Job Application
Digital Marketing Cover Letter Template
Here’s how to write a cover letter for a digital marketing job application:
1. Use the best digital marketing cover letter format and layout
- Cover letter layout: use 1-inch margins on top, sides, and bottom.
- Cover letter outline: write 3–4 paragraphs.
- Cover letter font: respected fonts (Verdana, Cambria, Lato, Georgia).
- Cover letter line spacing: set your line spacing to single or 1.15.
Read more: What Should a Cover Letter Look Like?
2. Make a professional digital marketing cover letter header
- Address your marketing cover letter first.
- Start with your name, job title, street address, email, phone number, and LinkedIn.
- After a blank line, add the date, another blank line, then the manager’s contact info.
- Make sure your resume heading matches your cover letter heading.
Read more: How Should I Address a Cover Letter?
3. Write a personal greeting and a compelling first paragraph
- Start with “Dear [Manager’s Name],”. It’s the most professional cover letter salutation.
- Show a little excitement.
- State the job title you’re writing to them about.
- Mention the company’s mission. To find it, see their mission statement online for clues, or do some informational interviews.
- Tell them what they’re looking for in an employee. Talking about their needs is engaging!
Read more: How to Start a Cover Letter
4. In paragraphs 2 and 3, show digital marketing accomplishments
- Mention a few resume achievements that fit the digital marketing job requirements.
- Add numbers to show you’re Wunderman-Thompson-level.
- Keep coming back to how you fit their needs.
Don’t be scared to talk about your salary. See our guide: Salary Requirements in a Cover Letter
5. Say why you want this digital marketing job
- Prove this digital marketing job is your favorite.
- Expressing interests hints that you won’t move on to another job in six months.
- For added proof, show how the role would help your career.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are 286,800 digital marketing manager jobs in the U.S., growing at 8% per year. Get a Deloitte-level job with the best cover letter you can write.
6. End your digital marketing cover letter with a CTA
- Mention a few more digital marketing skills they want.
- Say you’re looking forward to the interview.
- Promise to provide value in the interview, like a chat about how you can help them meet a goal from their mission statement.
Read more: Best Ways to End a Cover Letter
7. Add a professional sign-off to the end
- End your resume cover page with, “Best regards,”.
- For added professionalism, add a digital version of your signature.
- Include your name, email, and phone number.
- Give a professional name to your cover letter file title.
Read more: What is a Cover Letter? Definition
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Questions? Concerns? We’re here for you. If you’re still unsure how to write a PwC-worthy digital marketing manager or specialist cover letter, drop me a line in the comments.