Should you save your resume or CV as a .pdf or MS Word .doc file type? Does it matter what document format you choose? Here's the answer.
As seen in:
You’re preparing to write a call center cover letter.
Whether writing a call center manager cover letter or you are writing a call center cover letter with no experience, you can’t send in something average.
You need a cover letter call center that gets an average response time of under 24 hours from the hiring manager.
This guide gives you a sample call center cover letter plus the best tips on how to write a call center cover letter.
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Call Center Cover Letter for a Resume—See more cover letter templates and create your cover letter here.
Even the best call center representative cover letter is worthless without a great call center resume alongside. Read this guide to make sure yours is ready: Call Center Resume Sample & Writing Guide.
Here are a few other cover letter examples to consider related to call center jobs:
- Customer Service Cover Letter Sample
- Technical Support Cover Letter Sample
- Sales Cover Letter Sample
- Sales Representative Cover Letter Sample
- Retail Cover Letter Sample
- Retail Management Cover Letter Sample
- Cashier Cover Letter Sample
- Front Desk Cover Letter Sample
- Receptionist Cover Letter Sample
- Office Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Personal Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Secretary Cover Letter Sample
- Hospitality Cover Letter Sample
- HR Generalist Cover Letter Sample
- Human Resources Cover Letter Sample
- Flight Attendant Cover Letter Sample
- Cover Letter for Internal Position Sample
Want to explore your options further? See our full selection of cover letter examples for every career: Cover Letter Examples.
Here’s our take on a great call center cover letter example:
Call Center Cover Letter Sample
James M. Fuller
Call Center Agent
2905 Braxton Street
Westchester, IL 60154
July 4, 2019
Juan M. Hunt
Call Center Manager
Hunt’s Customer Service Associates
1853 Trainer Avenue
Bloomington, IL 61701
I’m currently a call center agent for the Sinai Games family of brands, and I enjoy it quite a lot. When I saw your job ad calling for a new customer service call center representative, I immediately knew I had to apply, because I have always admired the companies which Hunt’s represents.
As a call center agent with Sinai Games for over 3 years, I’ve developed many skills and abilities which would serve me well in the call center role at Hunt’s. I’m well-versed in your product line, having spent many hours playing your various games in my spare time. On top of that, I’ve had several wins which I’m quite proud of, including:
- Earned the record for the most customers helped / phones answered in one shift (213).
- Received the highest customer satisfaction scores based on post-call survey for 2017 (97.5%) and 2018 (97.75%).
I always try to better myself, both as an employee and as a person, and I hope these few achievements show you how much I value hard work and top-notch customer service.
If you’d grant me the opportunity, I would enjoy discussing how I could bring the same level of quality and dedication to work over at Hunt’s.
James M. Fuller
P.S.—Would you be interested in meeting for a quick coffee? I would love to show you how I managed to achieve a 97.75% call center customer service score in 2018.
That was our idea of a great example cover letter for call center jobs.
Call Center Cover Letter Template
Here is how to create a call center cover letter:
1. Use the Right Format on a Call Center Cover Letter
- Use single (or 1.15) line spacing on your cover letter for call center agent jobs, as that is the standard business letter format.
- Choose the best cover letter font, and type it out in 11–12pt font size.
- Use a 1-inch (2.54 cm) margin on all 4 sides of your customer service call center cover letter.
- Align all the text to the left (don’t use center alignment or justified alignment, as it’s ugly).
Want to read more? Have a look at: How to Select the Ideal Cover Letter Format
2. Build a Professional Call Center Cover Letter Header
- Start with your name and mailing address first.
- Follow that with the date of writing on your cover letter for call center agents.
- Next, add the call center’s details, including the name of the hiring manager, their professional title, and then the company’s address.
Want to read more? Check: How to Address a Cover Letter
3. Start Your Call Center Cover Letter With a Compelling Opening
- Find the call center supervisor’s name to address them personally in the greeting.
- Begin by stating your desire to apply for this particular call center representative job opening.
- Give a brief introduction into your professional background before going into more detail later in your call center cover letter.
Unable to find the name of the HR staff member or call center supervisor? Choose something neutral, such as “Dear Hiring Manager.”
Want to read more? Have a look at: How to Open a Cover Letter Perfectly
4. Show You’re the Perfect Candidate for Call Center Jobs
- Get out the original call center job description and locate the job responsibilities section.
- Explain to them how you’re the best candidate for the call center job, even if it’s an online job or work-from-home position.
- Prove you’re the top applicant with numbered achievements.
Don’t allow your cover letter for customer service call center jobs to get too long. Read: What is the Best Cover Letter Length?
5. Explain Why You Want to Work for This Particular Call Center
- Show this call center that you are on board with enthusiasm for the job.
- Create a cover letter for call center agent jobs which is tailored to this one job positions; always avoid the generic cover letter.
First time applying for call center customer service jobs? Read this guide: Entry-Level Cover Letter with No Job Experience
6. Make The Call Center Manager an Offer They’re Unable to Refuse
- Finish up by writing a short closing paragraph of about one or two sentences long.
- Remind them of the value you would bring to their call center.
- Craft a compelling call to action statement so they’ll be sure to ring you back.
Want to read more? Have a look at: How to Finish a Cover Letter Right
7. End the Call Center Rep Cover Letter With a Professional Sign-Off
- End the cover letter for call center jobs with a standard closing (e.g., “sincerely”).
- Type your full name below that (with a line space between) on a call center supervisor cover letter or entry-level application letter.
- Perhaps add a P.S. after your signature to have one additional opportunity to grab the attention of the call center hiring manager.
Don’t forget to follow up on your call center job application: How to Follow Up on a Job Application
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building professional resume template here for free.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Got any queries on cover letters for standard or remote call center jobs? Need assistance coming up with achievements for your cover letter for customer service representative call center job? Let’s talk about it down below in the comments, and thanks for reading!