Use our 2, 5, and 30-minute resume writing tips to quickly improve your resume. Actionable examples included. Read more!
As seen in:
Sample Financial Advisor Resume Sample
High-performing financial advisor with 6+ years of experience. Highly skilled in client education, financial planning, and analysis. Seeking position at Resnick & Sheckley Financial Services. At Fairchild Livingston, raised client satisfaction score from 85% to 99% through using automation to free up more time to spend with clients. Maintained client returns 4% higher than team average.
Nov 2014–March 2019
- Executed trades, managed internal systems, and wrote financial plans for 150+ clients with over $200M under management.
- Maintained client returns 4% higher than team average.
- Increased client satisfaction scores from 85% to 99% through using time-saving automation tools to spend 8 hours more per week with clients.
- Increased AUM by 25% in 18 months.
- Used UAFRS data from Valens Research to identify undervalued investments. Raised individual investor client performance by 35%.
Nov 2013–Nov 2014
- Developed and presented financial planning and investment seminars for clients and prospects. Increased client satisfaction 50% and grew client base 28%.
- Created standardized reports that resulted in a better understanding of real-time performance. This allowed the firm to raise client returns 15%.
- Mentored 3 financial advisors who had been marked for termination. They became 3 of the firm’s top 5 performers.
2009–2013 Northwestern University
Bachelor of Science in Business
- President, MarketWatch student organization. Grew membership by 200%.
- Conducted senior project to build imaginary hedge fund. Based on stock picking, would have grown $50,000 into $100,000 in one year.
- Hard skills: Client education, generating reports, equity analysis, sales
- Soft skills: Interpersonal skills, communication, collaboration, analytical skills
Volunteer financial planner for Arthur Zissner Charitable Trust, $3.5M AUM.
Row in a competitive rowing shell 3x per week for fitness and self-care.
Writing just a financial advisor resume or something more? See our other guides:
- Accounting Resume Sample & Guide
- Bank Teller Resume Sample & Guide
- Bookkeeper Resume Sample & Guide
- Business Analyst Resume Sample & Guide
- Budget Analyst Resume Sample & Guide
- Entry Level Business Analyst Resume Sample & Guide
- Financial Analyst Resume Sample & Guide
- Accounts Receivable Resume Sample & Guide
- Investment Banking Resume Sample & Guide
- Finance Resume Sample & Guide
- Personal Banker Resume Sample & Guide
- Business Resume Sample & Guide
- Consultant Resume Sample & Guide
- Leasing Agent Resume Sample & Guide
- Leasing Consultant Resume Sample & Guide
- Private Equity Resume Sample & Guide
- Loan Processor Resume Sample & Guide
- Resume Examples for Every Career
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample Financial Advisor Resume—See more templates and create your resume here.