Here's how to answer the "What Is Your Greatest Weakness?" interview question in a way that impresses recruiters. Includes best answer samples!
As seen in:
You’re one of the very few people who are not afraid of homeowners’ associations and understand why a closet in New York costs more than an estate in Iowa.
But to reach prospective clients and team up with agencies, you need to convince others that you can do the job. Apart from an eye-catching business card, a professional leasing consultant resume that backs you up is simply a must-have.
This guide will show you:
- A leasing consultant resume example better than 9 out of 10 other resumes.
- How to write a leasing consultant resume that will land you more interviews.
- Tips and examples of how to put skills and achievements on a leasing consultant resume.
- How to describe your experience on a resume for a leasing consultant to get any job you want.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample Leasing Consultant Resume—See more resume templates here.
Looking for jobs in sales? Check out our guides:
- Consultant Resume
- Management Consultant Resume
- Sales Resume
- Sales Associate Resume
- Sales Manager Resume
- Sales Representative Resume
- Store Manager Resume
- Hostess Resume
- Car Salesman Resume
- Leasing Agent Resume
- Buyer Resume
- Examples of Resumes That Get Jobs
Leasing Consultant Resume Sample
Dependable and customer-focused leasing consultant with 6+ years of experience. Eager to support YN Home’s customers with superb real estate market knowledge and impeccable communication skills. In previous roles regularly exceeded lease quotas by at least 20% and won Leasing Consultant of the Year Award among others.
CRB Appeal Apartments, New York, NY
- Showed and leased apartment units to future residents with a high degree of customer service, while meeting monthly lease quotas.
- Prepared and coordinated model and target apartments.
- Developed and maintained an ongoing resident retention program under the direction of the property manager.
- Maintained and followed up with resident receivables and delinquencies.
- Assisted the property manager with hosting resident events and functions at the property.
- Regularly exceeded monthly lease quotas by upwards of 20%.
- Awarded Leasing Consultant of the Year in 2017.
Wholesome Property, New York, NY
- Maintained occupancy standards at the highest level and provided the maximum level of service to the residents.
- Maximized occupancy through sales techniques and customer service.
- Assisted in community advertising preparation and maintain required online postings.
- Prepared, certified and maintained complete resident files in RealPage OneSite system.
- Prepared all lease agreements with all necessary addendums in RealPage OneSite.
- Maintained professional communication with residents, applicants, and representatives of other companies.
- Consistently kept the closing ratio at the level of 40% and upwards.
(BS)(BBA) in Business Administration
MCNY, New York, NY
- Community policies
- Knowledge of floor plans
- Time management
- MS Office
- Sales techniques
- Organizational skills
- National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP)
- Scuba diving
- Adventure video games
Here’s how to write a leasing consultant resume that will land you a really stately job.
1. Choose the Best Format for Your Leasing Consultant Resume
You know the power of curb appeal.
Here’s how to translate it into the language of job hunting.
- Prepare an eye-catching header for your resume. It’s the section that tops your resume and where your resume contact information goes.
- Consider what sections to include on your resume to highlight your best professional side.
- Next, choose the best resume format. Chronological resumes appeal to the recruiters the most as they zero in on your latest professional achievements and experience.
- Remember: the best fonts for your resume are large enough to be easily read and not too decorative.
- Resist the temptation to cram everything in. Be selective and use white space to your advantage.
- Save your resume in a PDF format as it’s best at keeping the formatting. Send a DOC resume only when asked to.
2. Write a Leasing Consultant Resume Objective or Summary
Crush it with your profile in a resume.
It’s an opening paragraph that offers a rundown of your professional highs. It’s quite similar in nature to an elevator pitch.
Your profile may take one of the two forms:
A professional summary for a resume is suitable for candidates with more than 2 years of experience. A resume summary recaps your achievements and experience.
To make your resume profile even more impactful, add numbers that show your real-life impact. Numbers speak louder than words.
Pro Tip: Write your resume profile at the very end. You’ll find it much easier to pick out your professional highs once the entire document is ready.
3. Create the Perfect Leasing Consultant Job Description for a Resume
Here’s the thing:
To write a perfect leasing consultant resume you must know how to write experience in your resume.
The whole point is to show the hiring manager—
You’re the one who’ll get the job done.
Here’s how to tailor your resume to the job posting:
- Put your latest job closest to the top of the section.
- List your job title, the name of the company, its location, and dates worked.
- Avoid writing long paragraphs. Use bullet-point lists instead. 5 or 6 bullets per position will be enough.
- Make sure your bullet points have resume words, such as maximized, boosted, developed, coordinated, etc.
- Focus on your relevant experience and try to put a number wherever you can.
Pro Tip: It may be hard to quantify each and every bullet point. Pick out up to 3 things that you’re really proud of and you can justify with a number, and put them in a key achievements subsection.
4. Make Your Leasing Consultant Resume Education Section Great
All job postings for leasing consultant jobs mention the employer’s education requirements.
So make sure your resume education section has it all.
- Experienced candidates with more than 5 years of experience can limit their education section to graduation year, degree, school name, and location.
- Less experienced candidates should consider including additional information, such as GPA (if more than 3.5), relevant coursework, extracurricular activities, and academic achievements.
Pro Tip: Add certifications in your resume to a dedicated section to make them stand out more.
5. Highlight Your Leasing Consultant Skills
Your apartment leasing consultant resume must list the skills the employer needs.
Use the list below to identify the abilities you excel at:
Leasing Consultant Resume Skills
- Community policies
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of floor plans
- Knowledge of lease terms
- MS Office
- Sales techniques
- Telephone techniques
- Analytical skills
- Teamwork skills
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving
- Time management
Here’s how to cherry-pick the right skills for your leasing consultant resume:
- Make a comprehensive list of all your key skills that includes your soft skills, hard skills, and technical skills.
- Take a good look at the job ad and find all the skills the employer lists there by name.
- Return to your list of key skills and see what skills you have. These are the skills you need to focus on in your resume.
- Select up to 10 skills and put them in your leasing consultant resume key skills section.
- Shower your entire resume with the skills. See to it your resume profile and job description mention them as well.
Pro Tip: Don’t mention the skills you’re not great at. They’ll only clutter your resume and you’ll fall victim to the presenter’s paradox.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building a professional resume template here for free.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
6. Add Other Sections to Your Leasing Consultant Resume
Want to make your resume for a leasing consultant truly great?
Show what else you have to offer and add dedicated sections on:
7. Attach a Leasing Consultant Resume Cover Letter
All candidates keep asking themselves this question and only 50% have the courage to actually write one.
Yes, you need a cover letter.
All the more so as half of the recruiters are expecting you to submit one.
Here’s how to write an application letter that will make the recruiter crave for more:
- First of all, select the right resume cover letter format.
- Then, learn how to open a cover letter in the most powerful way.
- Tell the employer what they will gain by giving you the job.
- Conclude your cover letter with a call to action.
Make sure you know how long a cover letter has to be not to discourage your reader.
Better yet? Give this a read: Consultant Cover Letter Example & Guide
Pro Tip: Always follow up on your job application to show you care.
Plus, a great cover letter that matches your resume will give you an advantage over other candidates. You can write it in our cover letter builder here. Here's what it may look like:
This is it!
This is how you make a job-winning resume for leasing consultant positions.
Are you writing a leasing consultant resume for the first time? Or perhaps you’re a seasoned pro eager to help the rookies out? We’d love to hear from you, leave your comment below!