As seen in:
Shift managers got a lot on their plate. And writing a resume on top of that can just be too much to handle. So why don’t you let us do the heavy lifting and coordinate your writing?
Go on, check our shift manager resume example and follow the tips to write your job application.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume examples here.
Shift Manager Resume Example
Goal-oriented shift manager with 10+ years of experience in the restaurant industry. Seasoned staff supervisor with a knack for menu planning. Hoping to lead Seahorse Fine Dining to excellence by building lasting relationships with the staff and customers. Planned a holiday menu in 2021 that was recognized by the Bon Appétit magazine.
Paradise Garden, St. Petersburg, FL
- Supervised a team of over 50+ staff members, including waiters, line cooks, and bartenders, to ensure an exquisite dining experience for all patrons.
- Monitored ordering and stocking for all food and drink supplies to find opportunities for cost reductions that helped to save over $3400 in 2020.
- Hired and trained seasonal staff during peak summer months and federal holidays.
- Planned a seasonal Halloween menu in 2021 that received numerous compliments from prominent guests and was highly praised by the Bon Appétit magazine.
Assistant Bar Manager
Calamaree, St. Petersburg, FL
January 2013–May 2016
- Managed ordering of bar supplies with 100% adherence to the planned budget.
- Supervised a team of 6 bartenders and servers while managing all bar operations.
- Led bartender recruitment and recommended further professional development for promising staff members.
- Retained all staff members for three consecutive years thanks to consistent support, training, and timely conflict resolution.
Sunny’s Seafood Spot, St. Petersburg, FL
July 2012–December 2012
- Assisted the head chef with supply ordering, shift planning, and delegation of duties.
- Collaborated with four other side cooks to ensure timely preparation of all meals with adherence to all food safety guidelines.
- Trained three newly hired employees in line cook duties to ensure smooth operations.
- Introduced a food supply inventory management system that helped to decrease the number of expired food items by 74%.
Certificate in Food and Beverage Management
St. Petersburg College, FL
September 2018–July 2019
- Food supply maintenance
- Health & Safety
- People management
- Staffing and shift planning
- Conflict resolution
- Time management
- Verbal communication
- Problem-solving skills
How to Write a Shift Manager Resume?
Follow these steps to create a shift manager resume:
- Start by setting up the resume margins, selecting resume fonts, and deciding on the resume layout. Alternatively, you can download a simple resume template to write your shift manager resume.
- Put your full name and job title at the top of the resume in the header section.
- Add your contact information, including a phone number, email address, and LinkedIn profile.
- Write a resume profile, such as a shift manager resume summary or a career objective, to introduce yourself.
- List your work history, including major accomplishments and relevant shift manager responsibilities.
- Add an education section with your highest qualification, the school's name, and the years of study.
- Make a bulleted list of the key skills on your resume for a shift manager—I’ll talk about it in detail in the next chapter of this guide.
- Include additional resume information, such as language proficiency, certifications and licenses, volunteer experience, or personal interests.
- reread your shift manager resume to check for typos and ensure your resume fits on one A4 page.
- Save your resume in a PDF or DOC format to ensure it can be easily opened on other computers.
Need a more detailed guide? We’ve got one, too. Check here: How to Make a Resume Tutorial
Pro Tip: Many hiring managers expect more than just a resume—they want cover letters. By writing a shift manager cover letter, you can increase your chances of getting that job you really want. Learning how to write a cover letter won’t take much time, and it’s worth it!
Which Skills Should You Add to a Shift Manager Resume?
Shift managers handle a variety of responsibilities at work. They need to provide the highest quality of service while remembering to keep the shelves stocked, the staff well-trained, and the customers happy. That’s why it’s worth extra time to add the shift manager skills to your resume.
The top 10 shift manager skills for a resume include:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Staff Management
- Multitasking Skills
- Effective Communication
- Teamwork Skills
- Scheduling and Planning
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Inventory Management
- Leadership Skills
Most of the skills on the list above are soft skills. Want to learn more about them? See here: 50+ Examples of Soft Skills for a Resume
Applying for Similar Jobs in the Industry? Check Our Other Guides:
- Restaurant Resume
- Fine Dining Resume
- Restaurant Server Resume
- Bar Manager Resume
- Barista Resume
- Waiter Resume
- Server Resume
- Barback Resume
- Waitress Resume
- Sous Chef Resume
- McDonald’s Resume
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building a professional resume template here for free.
We hope this article helped you to write your own shift manager resume. Need any help? Let me know in the comments below!
About Zety’s Editorial Process
This article has been reviewed by our editorial team to make sure it follows Zety's editorial guidelines. We’re committed to sharing our expertise and giving you trustworthy career advice tailored to your needs. High-quality content is what brings over 40 million readers to our site every year. But we don't stop there. Our team conducts original research to understand the job market better, and we pride ourselves on being quoted by top universities and prime media outlets from around the world.