Applying for a job via email? You need a perfect email cover letter (No, copy-pasting your regular cover letter will NOT do.) Check out this guide to see an email cover letter sample that gets jobs. Plus, you’ll get an email cover letter template you can adjust and use, tons of expert advice, and actionable cover letter tips.
Cable Technician Resume Sample
Jeff Formo, Cable Technician
Efficient cable technician with 5+ years of experience. Skilled in cable installation and troubleshooting. Seeking to deliver technical excellence at Comcast. At SouthernLink Global, managed 10+ calls per day with 99% customer satisfaction. Promoted to senior cable technician in 6 months for strong work ethic and efficiency.
April 2015–May 2019
- Answered and completed 10+ calls per day with 99% satisfaction from customers.
- Trained 3 cable installers in company procedures.
- Promoted to senior cable technician in 6 months for strong work ethic and efficiency.
- Finished calls 10% faster than division average.
Tri Valley Cable
Feb 2014–March 2015
- Maintained industry best practices, including EIA/TIA and ANSI.
- Scored 98% or better in regular company knowledge tests.
2011–2013 Lincoln Tech
Associate’s Degree in Electronics
- Excelled in cable installation classes.
- Commended by 4 teachers for work ethic and willingness to help.
- Technical Skills: Cable installation and repair, troubleshooting, system testing
- Soft Skills: Problem solving, interpersonal skills, efficiency, collaboration
- Built own house and installed all wiring to local building codes.
- Lead a weekly running club.
Have you settled on a resume for cable technician jobs? See our guides:
- Electrician Resume
- Electronic Technician Resume
- HVAC Resume
- Maintenance Resume
- Mechanic Resume
- Construction Worker Resume
- Plumber Resume
- Painter Resume
- Handyman Resume
- Housekeeping Resume
- Housekeeping Resume
- Contractor Resume
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample Cable Technician Resume—See more templates and create your resume here.
Here’s how to write a cable technician resume that gets jobs:
1. Select the Best Cable Technician Resume Format
Cable technicians install and repair cable, troubleshooting problems and analyzing systems for efficiency. They answer service calls and often suggest or upsell upgrades and work directly with customers. A cable technician resume must show skills in driving, cable installation, troubleshooting, and efficiency.
Badly configured cable technician resumes get shut down.
That’s the most respected resume writing format because it presents a crystal-clear picture of who you are professionally.
- Use these resume categories: header, summary of qualifications, work experience, education, and then skills. Add “bonus” sections like volunteering too.
- The best header examples start with a name, title (Cable Technician), and resume contact information like email, phone, and social media.
- Cambria and Dido are good fonts for resumes.
Pro Tip: Apply with a resume PDF. PDFs stay crisp and clear. MS Word resumes can suffer from interference after sending.
2. Write a Cable Technician Resume Objective or Resume Summary
That’s what you’ll get if you don’t start with a good professional resume profile.
Hook yours up with:
- An adjective (efficient, hard-working)
- Title (Cable Technician)
- Years of experience (3+, 6+)
- Goal (deliver technical excellence)
- Skills accomplishments + metrics (99% customer satisfaction)
Don’t have achievements? A cable technician resume with no work experience doesn’t have to be a dud.
Instead of a summary, write an objective for your resume. Plug in a few transferable accomplishments.
Example: you worked as an electrician’s assistant and wired 30 houses.
Pro Tip: How many pages should a resume be for cable technician jobs? Just one. Any longer and the hiring team will flip through it fast and toss it.
3. Adjust Your Resume to the Cable Technician Job Description
Are you the best candidate?
Can you prove it?
You can—with a tailored resume for cable technician jobs.
Here’s how to add work experience in resume so you shine:
- Pick your business titles wisely. If they want a “Cable Install and Repair Tech,” list that as your job title for past jobs.
- Use professional accomplishments to prove skills. If they want speed, say how much faster you were than the average installer.
- You can’t make your case without numbers. Measurements like 99% or 10+ will show why they should hire you.
Pro Tip: Use the right resume phrases to show how strong your skills are. Words like answered, trained, promoted, finished, and maintained work great.
4. Adapt Your Cable Technician Resume Education Section
Let’s upgrade you.
Even if you’re only listing high school education on a resume for cable technician jobs, do this:
Add skills-proving accomplishments.
Did teachers compliment your work ethic and willingness to help?
That’ll impress employers too.
Pro Tip: Where does GPA belong on a cable technician resume? Nowhere, unless it was over 3.8 or you graduated very recently.
5. List Cable Technician Skills in Your Resume
Here are some good skills to put on your resume for cable technician jobs:
Cable Technician Resume Skills
Start with this list of technical skills for resumes:
- Cable installation
- Cable repair
- System testing
- Inspecting cable lines
- Disconnecting cable
- Internet connection
- Customer education
- Record keeping
Next, add soft skills:
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Physical stamina
- Verbal & written communication
- Decision making
- Organizational skills
- Time management
Pro Tip: You need both hard skills and soft skills. Your cable technician resume should list both, then prove both in lots of bullet points.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building your resume here.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
6. Add “Other” Sections to Your Cable Technician Resume
Let’s build in some redundancy.
Expand your cable technician resume section list a bit.
Try a couple of these:
- Resume volunteer work
- Certifications in a resume
- Freelance projects
- School projects
- Commendations from supervisors
- Interests in a resume
Pro Tip: Wondering how to list languages on a resume? If you’ll work in a multilingual area, show them as skills. Then show how you used those languages to help a past employer.
7. Send a Cover Letter With Your Cable Technician Resume
Do i need a cover letter with a cable technician resume?
Here’s how to make a cover letter that turns heads:
- Use the 3-paragraph format for your cover letter.
- Get attention with the opening paragraph of your cover letter. Put the best fact from your resume in it.
- The middle of your cable technician cover letter should show more cable tech achievements. The goal is to show you match the opening.
- Ask for an interview in your cover letter ending. Tease something they want. Example: promise to share how you went 10% faster than the company average.
How long should a cover letter be for cable techs? About 300 words or ½ page.
Here’s how to write a follow up email for a job: Remind them who you are with the most catchy part of your resume. Then say you’re following up.
That’s how to write a cable technician resume.
Why do you think so few employers answer resumes for cable technician positions? Do you need help getting more attention and interviews? Give us a shout in the comments. We’d love to talk!