As seen in:
Working at GameStop sounds like a gamer’s dream. But your passion for video games might not be enough to convince the company you’re not a noob.
You’ve come to the right place—this short guide will show you how to make a resume for GameStop with maximum XP and zero bugs.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume examples here.
GameStop Resume Sample
Bill C. Smith
Personable high-school senior with customer service experience and a passion for gaming. Eager to join GameStop as a sales associate to provide customers with up-to-date knowledge about offered products and help them make informed purchasing decisions. Knowledgeable about the video game industry and gaming equipment.
High School Diploma
Brookfield Central High School, Brookfield, WI
Expected graduation in May 2023
- President of the STEM club since November 2021
- Collaborated with local college students to organize two coding boot camps for high-school freshmen
Visitor Experience Associate
Waukesha Information Center, Waukesha, WI
May 2022–September 2022
- Handled customer queries and provided information about available products and services in a professional and friendly manner.
- Operated the cash register, including processing credit card purchases and gift card orders.
- Arranged stocked items on shelves and displays to keep inventory in order.
- Assisted with inventory management and new product data entry.
- Created and maintained the Instagram page of the organization to help spread awareness about Waukesha's cultural heritage.
- Customer service
- Video game knowledge
- Effective verbal communication
- Positive attitude
- Time management
- French—C1 (Advanced)
- Spanish—B1 (Intermediate)
- Raised over $1,000 by organizing a gaming marathon to support the United for Waukesha Community Fund in March 2022.
- Helped to sell baked goods during Salvation Army’s bake sale in December 2021.
- Participating in national eSports competitions
- Reviewing video and computer games on TikTok
This GameStop sales associate resume example ain’t lagging. Now, continue reading to learn how to write your own:
How to Make a Resume for GameStop?
If you want to make a resume from scratch, you need to understand the basics first. Start by choosing the best resume format for you—it’s recommended to use the reverse-chronological resume, even for teenagers and college students without much work experience. Then, consider a template—do you want to use a free resume template for Word, or do you prefer to make a resume layout yourself? Now, you can start thinking about what to put on a resume for GameStop.
Follow these guidelines to make a resume for GameStop:
- Make a resume outline with correct resume sections.
- Fill the header of your resume with contact information, such as full name, job title or your education level, phone number, and e-mail address (you can also add social media links, but only if they focus on your career.)
- Write an eye-catching resume profile, such as a resume summary or a career objective.
- Make an education section that presents your degree or education level, school name, years of study, and information about academic achievements or extracurricular activities.
- If you have work experience, mention it along with your job titles, the company name, work period, and key accomplishments (freelance and part-time jobs count, too!)
- List your key skills for a resume by mixing relevant interpersonal skills with professional skills that mirror the requirements of the job advertisement.
- Use extra sections to provide additional information on the resume, such as volunteer work experience, language skills, interests and hobbies, and any other relevant experiences that can boost your application—personal projects work great on resumes.
Don’t rage-quit when you get stuck while writing your GameStop resume. Think of getting a job as your main quest, and treat writing the perfect resume as one of the side quests! If you’re applying for the first job, your resume should highlight your education, skills, and extracurricular activities that prove you’re a good fit for the job.
Pro Tip: Thinking about respawning an old resume you used to apply for a different job? Not a good idea. Hiring managers expect to see a targeted resume written specifically for the advertised position. Even entry-level jobs, such as a GameStop sales associate, require brand-new resumes that use resume keywords that reflect the job description.
What Are the Key Skills for a GameStop Resume?
Being knowledgeable about video games is one of the requirements for a job at GameStop. However, it’s not the only requirement. Sales associates at GameStop serve as game advisors for clients, which means they need to possess good customer service skills. The skill section of your resume must reflect that—it should include soft skills and job-related hard skills.
The top 10 skills for a GameStop resume are:
- Customer service skills
- Cashier skills
- Effective communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Time management skills
- People skills
- Teamwork skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making skills
These are some of the main skills that employers want to see on a resume.
Bad news—if you send a job application without a cover letter, hiring managers will think you’re a noob. Spend some extra time on writing a good cover letter that will help you level up in the eyes of employers. See more: Write a Cover Letter in 8 Steps
See Other Resume Samples Below:
- Entry-Level Resume
- Retail Resume
- Cashier Resume
- Walmart Resume
- Hostess Resume
- Grocery Store Resume
- Retail Sales Associate Resume
- Dishwasher Resume
- Fast-Food Resume
- McDonald's Resume
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building a professional resume template here for free.
Thank you for reading this short guide about making a GameStop resume. Do you have any tips for candidates applying for a job at GameStop? Would you like clarification of the points made in this article? Let me know in the comments below!
About Zety’s Editorial Process
This article has been reviewed by our editorial team to make sure it follows Zety's editorial guidelines. We’re committed to sharing our expertise and giving you trustworthy career advice tailored to your needs. High-quality content is what brings over 40 million readers to our site every year. But we don't stop there. Our team conducts original research to understand the job market better, and we pride ourselves on being quoted by top universities and prime media outlets from around the world.