Our customers have been hired by:
A treasurer’s job has more to do with accounting than protecting chests full of gold. However, your career is something you must treasure. Show employers your priceless value with a treasurer resume that deserves all the riches in the world—this short guide will show you how.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume samples here.
Treasurer Resume Sample
Matthew B. Bryan
Detail-oriented treasurer with 3+ years of experience overseeing the financial operations of institutions in the arts sector. Eager to develop a new financial management reporting system at Arkansas Historical Society to increase profitability and cash flow. Oversaw the implementation of a new cash management system that helped to improve profitability by 11% in 2021.
Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts, Little Rock, AR
Key qualifications and responsibilities:
- Developed 3– and 6–month forecasting models across museum entities to support liquidity management and investment operations.
- Liaised with partnering banking institutions to invest excess cash and optimize interest income.
- Established internal controls within the Treasury function to safeguard cash management and foreign exchange risk management.
- Monitored museum financial operations for legal compliance with State and Federal laws.
- Implemented a new cash management system, which helped to increase the organization's cash flow and boost profitability by 11%.
Bradbury Art Museum, Jonesboro, AR
September 2019–June 2020
Key qualifications and responsibilities:
- Ensured all procedures in Treasury operations followed internal policies and controls.
- Prepared and monitored cash forecasting and collaborated with financial and accounting departments to assist with budgeting and forecasting operations.
- Led daily cash management activities, including monitoring cash balances and acting as a signatory for banking transactions.
- Accounted for gifts and donations made to the museum by recording them in the general ledger.
- Improved the automation of cash reporting, which led to an increase in accuracy by 12%.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR
September 2015–May 2019
- Financial forecasting
- Analytical skills
- Risk management
- Critical thinking
- Presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Expert, Microsoft Office, January 2021
- Served as the treasurer for the Little Rock Philanthropy Society in 2019–2021.
Continue reading to learn how to write a treasurer resume just like the sample above:
How to Write a Treasurer Resume?
Writing a treasurer resume can be pretty straightforward if you know what steps to follow. Stick to the instructions below to get your resume done in no time!
Follow these ten steps to write a treasurer resume:
- Decide what resume format you wish to use—experts recommend the reverse-chronological format. However, depending on your career progression, you can also go for the functional resume or the combination resume.
- Consider the appearance of a resume—the best templates for a resume are visually appealing and easy to read, thanks to professional resume font styles.
- List your personal and contact information on the resume, starting with your full name, job title, phone number, and email address. You may also put a link to your LinkedIn profile on your resume.
- Write a resume introduction that will help you sell yourself on a resume. Depending on your experience, use a resume summary or a career objective.
- Follow up with the work experience section describing your most recent job duties and career accomplishments. Use appropriate resume keywords to stand out from the crowd!
- List your degrees on a resume starting with the highest one. You can put more info about your education on a resume if you’re writing an entry-level resume, e.g., GPA or reaching a Dean’s list.
- Add resume skills that reflect the job requirements from the advertisement. It’s best to mix hard and soft skills (I’ll explain this in more detail in the next chapter.)
- Consider using other resume sections to include additional information, such as volunteer experience, licenses and certifications, or listing language proficiency.
- Make sure your whole resume fits on one page (your resume can be two pages long only if you have extensive experience.)
- Have a critical look at your resume and follow a resume review checklist to find things you could improve in your resume.
That’s how to build a resume that attracts prospective employers.
Need a more detailed guide including the steps leading to writing a good resume? Check here: How to Make a Resume for Any Job?
What Are the Best Treasurer Skills on a Resume?
The skill section is one of the parts of a resume that hiring managers read closely. It should accurately reflect your professional abilities while matching the job requirements. It’s important to mix hard skills, soft skills, and computer skills, as they all matter in the 21st-century workplace.
Here are the top 10 treasurer skills for a resume:
- Analytical skills
- Administrative skills
- Leadership skills
- Critical-thinking skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Management skills
- Microsoft Office skills
Remember that the skills an employer wants to see on a resume must match the ones mentioned in the job description, so don’t copy and paste the list above into your job application.
Even the best treasurer resume might fail when it’s not accompanied by a well-written cover letter. Writing one is not as difficult as it may seem. Check here: Write a Cover Letter in 8 Easy Steps
Check Below for Similar Resume Examples for Finance:
- Accounting Resume
- Entry-Level Accounting Resume
- Accounting Assistant Resume
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Resume
- Accounting Clerk Resume
- Accounts Payable Resume
- Accounts Receivable (AR) Resume
- Budget Analyst Resume
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building a professional resume template here for free.
I hope you found this short guide about writing a treasurer resume useful. Do any of the steps outlined above need to be clarified? Would you like more clarification on treasurer skills for a resume? Or maybe you’ve got some tips for others to share? Let me know in the comments below!
About Zety’s Editorial Process
This article has been reviewed by our editorial team to make sure it follows Zety's editorial guidelines. We’re committed to sharing our expertise and giving you trustworthy career advice tailored to your needs. High-quality content is what brings over 40 million readers to our site every year. But we don't stop there. Our team conducts original research to understand the job market better, and we pride ourselves on being quoted by top universities and prime media outlets from around the world.