Welcome to a gallery of awesome resume design ideas, sample layouts, and cool templates. Choose a resume idea that fits your needs and create your resume in minutes.
As seen in:
Solution Architect Resume Sample
Christopher L. Hall
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Summary of Qualifications
AWS-certified big data solution architect with 4+ years of experience driving information management strategy. Strategized, designed, and deployed innovative and complete security architecture for cloud data protection for 15 Fortune 500 companies. Seeking to leverage high-level understanding of Amazon Web Services global infrastructure and service migrations to become the senior solution architect at Atlassian.
Cloud Solution Architect
May 2017–July 2019
Jamma Technologies, Los Angeles, CA
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Designed and edited blueprints for IT infrastructure and networking architecture according to management’s demands.
- Monitored existing infrastructure and architectural frameworks for performance, and made changes and updates when necessary.
- Kept up to date with latest industry knowledge and news to maintain and improve enterprise and business platforms.
- Communicated target architectural plans and company roadmaps across all departments.
- Strategized, designed, and deployed innovative and complete cloud data security architecture for 15 Fortune 500 companies.
Enterprise Solution Architect
February 2015–May 2017
Leesing Square Capital Group, Irvine, CA
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Developed enterprise architectural blueprints, along with descriptive documentation for all stakeholders.
- Designed and tweaked global AWS infrastructure, including nodes in 12 regions and 52 sub-regions.
- Migrated applications, accounts, and platforms when necessary and feasible.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Relevant Coursework: Business Architecture Elements, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Software Architecture, IT Project Management, Cloud Management Solutions, Network Infrastructure, Cloud Security, Fundamentals of Enterprise Solutions Architecture.
- Authentication systems
- System, platform, and account migrations
- Data and cloud security
- AWS cloud infrastructure
- Virtual environment design and implementation
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect — Professional
- Google Cloud Certified — Professional Cloud Architect
- Open Group Certified Architect (Open CA)
- IASA Certified IT Architect Professional (CITA-P)
- International Association for Solution Architecture (IASA)
- The Association of Enterprise Architects (AEA)
- Portuguese (Portugal): Professional Working Proficiency
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample Solution Architect Resume—See more templates and create your resume here.
Here are a few other SA-related resume examples to have a look at our guides:
- AWS Resume Sample
- Business Analyst Resume Sample
- Data Analyst Resume Sample
- Financial Analyst Resume Sample
- IT Resume Sample
- Technical Resume Sample
- Business Intelligence Resume Sample
- System Analyst Resume Sample
- Business Intelligence Developer Resume Sample
- Business System Analyst Resume Sample
- Data Scientist Resume Sample
- IT Director Resume Sample
- Machine Learning Resume Sample
- Cyber Security Resume Sample
- DevOps Resume Sample
- Microservices Resume Sample
- IT Manager Resume Sample
- Salesforce Resume Sample
- Scrum Master Resume Sample
- Professional Resume Examples
So, above these hyperlinks was our version of the best of all the solution architect resume examples.
Let’s make one for you that’s just as great—
Here’s how to write a solution architecture resume:
1. Format a Solution Architecture Resume Template for Success
A solution architect is responsible for defining the architecture of a specific solution, combining information from business, technical, and datasets and through ideation, design, and implementation to solve business needs and problems. A solution architect resume must show that your brand of architecture solution is the solution to their hiring needs.
Before you get to define their architecture, you need to define the resume’s architecture.
That means formatting the Salesforce or AWS solution architect resume template for easy readability.
- Your phone number and contact info on a resume starts things off at the top in the professional heading area.
- Organize the sections to include on resumes by heading them with bold titles.
- Use the reverse-chronological resume template, as it’s the ideal resume format for most employment scenarios.
- Choose a good font for resumes, and keep the main body text to between 11 and 12pts in font size.
Pro Tip: Save your resume in PDF format, unless they ask for Word explicitly. The PDF renders right on any device, while the Word doc can be finicky.
2. Write A Solution Architect Resume Objective or Summary Statement
You know that classic elevator pitch you see in the movies?
Your professional profile needs to be like that.
Also known as a heading statement, there are two main kinds: the objective and the summary. It’s a short paragraph introducing you to the employer as a solutions architecture candidate.
Have you been addressing clients’ problems for a while now?
Write a resume career summary.
The summary statement introduces you as an experienced solution architect, while giving them a quick look at your skills and background. It gives proof of your accomplishments through the use of a numbered past win or two.
New to problem resolution and selling solutions?
Write a resume career objective.
Rather than talk up your prior experience, the objective statement informs the hiring manager of your career goals as a solution architect. But, you’ll still give a past numbered win to verify your problem-solving abilities.
Pro Tip: Starting off by writing your heading statement first can be tricky, as you may change it again and again as you complete the rest of your resume. Our recommendation—write it last to avoid this issue and get it right.
3. Make a Top Solution Architect Job Description for a Resume
Do you know how to add a work experience description on your resume?
The employment history area is the central part of any Azure IaaS or AWS solutions architect resume.
Here’s how to include your work experience on a resume correctly:
- Place your most recent employment first, going back in reverse-chronological order.
- Add a job title, dates worked, the company’s name, and their location.
- Below that, give the enterprise or commercial employer 5 or 6 of your most relevant bullet points laying out your prior job responsibilities.
- Start each bullet point with action words for the most impact. Use active voice, not passive voice.
- Include a quantifiable accomplishment or two, because numbers give concrete examples of your talent.
Pro Tip: Know how to tailor resume for a specific job? Take an extra 15 minutes to send a personalized resume, because employers will send generic solution architect resume samples straight to the recycling bin.
4. Make Your Solution Architect Resume Education Section Soar
Knowing how to write education on your resume for solution architect jobs is super crucial. Most employers have at least a bachelor’s degree requirement, if not a master’s degree.
Keep these rules in mind to get it right:
- List the most advanced degree or certificate you have first, in reverse-chronological order just as in the work experience section.
- Give your major or certificate name, the school’s name and location, and the date of course completion.
- Include appropriate extras, if applicable, such as relevant coursework or awards.
- Don’t put high school on a resume for solutions architecture jobs since a university degree is required.
Pro Tip: Just starting in the workforce, perhaps with a junior solution architect resume, and your education is way more impressive than your work history? For any first job resume, consider switching things around and putting the education over your work history for the most impact.
5. Highlight Your Solution Architect Skills on a Resume
The main thing separating you from your various SA competitors for the interview?
A great solution architect resume skills section.
Win the recruiter over to your side by documenting just the right skills in just the right way:
Solution Architecture Skills for Resumes—Examples
- Enterprise Computing & Networking
- Authentication Systems
- System, Platform, and Account Migrations
- Data and Cloud Security
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Virtual Environment Design and Implementation
- Enterprise Solution Architecture (ESA)
- Business Architecture
- Information Architecture
- Application Architecture
- Technology Architecture
- Problem Solving Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Communication
- Management Skills
- Technical Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Creative Thinking Skills
And, here is how to format a resume skills section:
- Think up all the special professional skills and talents you have connected with solution architecture jobs.
- Include a mix of both soft skills and hard skills to give them the entire picture.
- Parse the solution architecture job description for the best keywords to use on a resume.
Pro Tip: Don’t downplay your communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills on your solution architecture resume. A great solution architect needs to operate as a liaison between company board members, managers, and various IT personnel.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building a professional resume template here for free.
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
6. Include Additional Sections on a Solutions Architect Resume
We covered the core sections above, those areas on a resume that are mandatory.
But, give them more to paint them a clearer image of your personal brand, work ethic, and dedication.
Here are a few great solutions architect resume examples of additional sections:
Solution Architect Resume Examples—Extra Sections
- Hobbies for a resume
- Volunteer section on a resume
- Language proficiency on a resume
- Accomplishments to put on a resume
- Memberships in industry organizations and associations
Certifications for solution architect jobs are of utmost importance, so here are a few that will put you ahead of the pack:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA)
- ITIL Master Certificate – IT Service Management
- Google Professional Cloud Architect
- Open Group Certified Architect (Open CA)
7. Attach a Solution Architect Cover Letter to Your Resume
Do you need a cover letter for a job as a solution architect?
Most employers say they expect a cover letter to arrive alongside the resume when a job application is turned in.
Here’s how to write a great solutions architect cover letter:
- Sort out the format for an application letter prior to writing it.
- Be clear and captivating in the first paragraph of a cover letter.
- Show them that you’re the ideal architect for the solution management job.
- Explain to them why this company is right for you.
- Include quantifiable achievements and wins to boost your value.
- Close with a compelling cover letter conclusion and call-to-action.
Finally, learn how long a cover letter should be before you send it off.
Pro Tip: Don’t forget to send a follow-up email after a job application, but wait a week or so.
Plus, a great cover letter that matches your resume will give you an advantage over other candidates. You can write it in our cover letter builder here. Here's what it may look like:
Have questions on how to write your solution architect resume? Need assistance documenting your achievements or experience? Let us know in the discussion field below, and thanks for reading!