Our customers have been hired by:
As an HR generalist, you’re the office superhero, swooping in to save the day from coworker conflicts and policy predicaments. But does your resume reveal your true powers?
It’s not easy working in HR. But it can be rewarding. That’s why you need an HR generalist resume that would make Superman want you as his sidekick. Read on, and and you’ll write the best resume of your life.
This guide will show you:
- An HR generalist resume example better than 9 out of 10 other resumes.
- How to write an HR generalist resume that will land you more interviews.
- Tips and examples of how to put skills and achievements on an HR generalist resume.
- How to describe your experience on a resume for an HR generalist to get any job you want.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Sample HR Generalist Resume—See more resume examples here.
Are you more the “HR specialist” type or something else? See our guides:
- Human Resources Resume Sample & Guide
- HR Director Resume Sample & Guide
- HR Coordinator Resume Sample & Guide
- Office Manager Resume Sample & Guide
- HR Assistant Resume Sample & Guide
- HR Manager Resume Sample & Guide
- HR Specialist Resume Sample & Guide
- Entry Level HR Resume Sample & Guide
- Recruiting Coordinator Resume Sample & Guide
- Business Resume Sample & Guide
- More Sample Resumes for 500+ Jobs
Human Resources (HR) Generalist Resume Sample
Rhonda Kelsch, HR Generalist
Self-motivated HR generalist with 2+ years of experience, skilled in employee engagement and training. Seeking to invigorate the corporate culture at Arctander Group. At ABC Global, improved managerial performance 23% and implemented a program to gain 100% employee engagement for our new Scrum system.
April 2017–May 2019
- Improved managerial performance 23% through benchmarking and employee-feedback collection and analysis.
- Tasked with raising employee engagement for a new business-wide Scrum initiative. Through better managerial coaching, achieved 100% employee participation.
- Trained 7 managers in best practices for effective management, including leading by example, strategic planning, and communication.
- Presided over a 28% morale boost. Worked to improve morale through increasing employee input in the managerial decision-making process.
Jan 2016–March 2017
- Handled all aspects of payroll system for 400-employee company. Improved payroll system efficiency by 12%.
- Coached 3 HR employees in employee relations.
- Streamlined interviewing process, switching from 5 interviews per candidate to 2. Cut hiring cost 40% and increased retention 18%.
2011–2015 Michigan State University
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management
- Excelled in HRIS classes.
- President, 180 Degrees Consulting MSU. Provided consulting services to 7 community nonprofits to improve HR management.
- Hard skills: HRIS, training, payroll, project management, psychology
- Soft skills: Interpersonal skills, leadership, communication, collaboration
Volunteer project manager, Habitat for Humanity.
Coach little league baseball 2x per week for 8–10 year-olds.
About Zety’s Editorial Process
This article has been reviewed by our editorial team to make sure it follows Zety's editorial guidelines. We’re committed to sharing our expertise and giving you trustworthy career advice tailored to your needs. High-quality content is what brings over 40 million readers to our site every year. But we don't stop there. Our team conducts original research to understand the job market better, and we pride ourselves on being quoted by top universities and prime media outlets from around the world.